We win this game with Vedral, or McCaffrey

7 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

No yesterday was about yesterday, not some point in time that hasn't happened.  You need to win the game yesterday.  It's gotten to the point where people are devaluing the importance of every game, and it's just tired. 

It's year 2 with one full recruiting class and a bunch players who are mentally soft.   You do not throw all your young players to the wolves to win one game.  It's not about winning yesterday,  its about getting back to where we should be.

• Plus1 2

I dont think it would of been a bad thing to let martinez sit for a couple of those clutch situations.  Both the times we had good takeaways and we were in the redzone.  Thats not in martinez wheelhouse lately, he just doesnt have the focus or the wheels to just look then tuck and run while Verdral or McCaffery do.  He sure could chuck a few downfield though so if this is whats going on then he just needs to sit for those clutch plays.  If i was a qb it would make me mad to need to sit but if im not getting the job done and i want to go bowling your god dam right my 2nd or 3rd in command can take my spot.  Both of those guys could of ran it in , we were getting very little qb pressure and just needed someone with some wheels.

• Fire 1
23 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Maybe being hit on every play because the line is horrible.  Hixon could not start on any big 10 team & in the days of the pipeline, you wait your turn.  Purdue had no guys on the dline that were 300 lbs and we could not get a push. 

The line wasn’t the problem yesterday.  AM was. Props to him for owning it too. 

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Where you watching the game.  Even the announcers where making comments about Purdue's under sized dline outplaying the Husker, calling it a lack of effort.

The line didn’t miss wide open receivers, one of which for a sure TD.  Miss badly on a shovel pass.  Make poor decisions on when to tuck it a run. 

Look I would agree that the line has underperformed all season and sometimes been flat out bad like at MN. But yesterday AM had chances to make plays and many times he didn’t. A better quarterback would have made those plays. 

We don’t have to agree on this.  

11 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It's year 2 with one full recruiting class and a bunch players who are mentally soft.   You do not throw all your young players to the wolves to win one game.  It's not about winning yesterday,  its about getting back to where we should be.

No, it was about winning yesterday, and throwing anyone to any wolves is not why we lost.