We win this game with Vedral, or McCaffrey

Like all of us, im really pissed right now.  Not only upset, but this time pissed off also.  I was all Frost until today.  Indiana was a HUGE game, that we lost.  Purdue was a game we shouldnt even have to worry about this year, and yet another HUGE game, for the simple fact that IF somehow we lose we risk losing even the most loyal of fans, players, and recruits.  How does a team with 3 and 4 srars lose to Purdue? Cant blame talent one bit Frost.  Purdue is 2 and 3 stars, plus their best players are out.  I bet not one 4 star played in this game. 

Vedral should play from here on out honestly. That was a piss poor performance today by A-Mart despite the few good things he did today. Terrible reads, hesitation, overthrows, forcing things into double coverage, not good enough and not even close! We should've been bowl eligible after today because we never should've lost to Indiana. I have zero faith in this coaching staff right now. Yeah I know "Riley's recruits" and "blah blah blah" but it doesn't matter who's recruit it is. Football fundamentals are football fundamentals no matter who the player is, the scheme isn't part of that definition IMO. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, lowkeyhusker said:

Wasn't there someone who posted a rumor about Mckenzie Milton transferring to Nebraska and rehabbing here? Don't quote me on this.. but that would be quite interesting to have him in that room who really knows how to run that offense. Not even playing but just there to teach

Fake rumor.

Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

He doesn’t appear to be overthinking when he lobs one into double/triple coverage.

We keep assuming he is overthinking....if not then he simply cant read the field.

..isnt a point guard/quarterback.  The biggest part of a QB is mental, and AM doesnt have it.  Im done with AM. Done.  If i was coach id either switch him positions, or move him to backup.

4 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

We keep assuming he is overthinking....if not then he simply cant read the field.

..isnt a point guard/quarterback.  The biggest part of a QB is mental, and AM doesnt have it.  Im done with AM. Done.  If i was coach id either switch him positions, or move him to backup.

He’s not the guy.  If we ride him 2 more years to prove a coaching point like we did TM or Armstrong I may have to “tap out” on Husker Football.

Just now, The Dude said:

Vedral plays like he knows the offense despite having much less actual game experience. 

Theres no way he doesn't know the offense, probably considerably better than AM. AM showed up in the fall last year and won the starting job. Vedral has had actually been around the offense for 3 full years and had more than one off season in the system. Honestly part of AM's success last year might of been because Frost had to use the K.I.S.S. method. (Keep It Simple Stupid). AM seems like he is always trying to make the big play instead of just reacting to what he sees. 

2 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Look, its not personal, but as far as AM as a quarterback, hes terrible.   If AM was QB for Ohio State they may lose a few games.

Vedral is twice the passer, twice the field reader, twice the decision maker.  And just as good of a runner.  I blame the COACHES. Its not AM fault if hes just bad, i know hes trying.  But Frost is being too stubborn to go away from his golden pick.  

Watch the tape.  There are open receivers, open running lanes...its almost as if he is blind.  When he does see someone its a second or 2 late.  A second or 2 late is equivalent to not seeing them at all....barring the whole defense falling down with cramps.  

If i was playing my heart out for my team, id be pissed that we're playing AM at this point.  This is on FROST! 

I agree with this

2 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Look, its not personal, but as far as AM as a quarterback, hes terrible.   If AM was QB for Ohio State they may lose a few games.

Vedral is twice the passer, twice the field reader, twice the decision maker.  And just as good of a runner.  I blame the COACHES. Its not AM fault if hes just bad, i know hes trying.  But Frost is being too stubborn to go away from his golden pick.  

Watch the tape.  There are open receivers, open running lanes...its almost as if he is blind.  When he does see someone its a second or 2 late.  A second or 2 late is equivalent to not seeing them at all....barring the whole defense falling down with cramps.  

If i was playing my heart out for my team, id be pissed that we're playing AM at this point.  This is on FROST! 

I’ll even add to this......

should we wait for him to get one of our receivers destroyed over the middle by stretching them out all the time?