We win this game with Vedral, or McCaffrey

Adrian seems to have lost a large portion of his confidence. The strangest part for me is not his refusal to tuck it and scramble for yards like he did last year, it's the way he throws a terrible ball when Wan'Dale is five yards in front of him on a simple screen pass.

It boggles the mind how much he's struggled with those easy throws this year. 

I don't really claim to be sure of whether Vedral is actually better than Martinez this year. But the ridiculously missed pass to Noa over the middle that would have been a walk-in touchdown was a huge part of losing the game. Feels like if Frost is putting his money where his mouth is he's going to have start benching his QB (whoever it is at any given point) and playing the next guy to strike up the competition factor.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Huskinator said:

Mccaffrey wasn’t suited up.   Vedral misses the open receivers too. Just stop

It’s ok to defend the program and the coaching staff. It’s also Ok to admit that player management has been trash. 

Vedral is the quarterback who gives you the best chance to win as far as this season and this roster is concerned. 

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Vedral is never going to be the starter...so starting him makes no sense.  It is AM or Luke.

Your probably right, because thats how Frost is running this.  Which is my point. Its bulls#!t cause Vedral SHOULD be the starter, ya know....being our best QB and all.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BigPeterJ said:

Your probably right, because thats how Frost is running this.  Which is my point. Its bulls#!t cause Vedral SHOULD be the starter.

He should not be the starter.

Look, if Vedral was from Florida and was a 2/3 star recruit with no real offers...none of this would be happening.  But he is a small town kid from Nebraska...So just toss all that out and then you can see...

AM or Luke...that is it.  Next year Vedral will be the 4th best QB on the team.

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Look, if Vedral was from Florida and was a 2/3 star recruit with no real offers...none of this would be happening.  But he is a small town kid from Nebraska...So just toss all that out and then you can see...

I dont give a s#!t where hes from.  Ive lived all over this country and i couldnt care less where your from..its about who you are not where ur from.  Their are good and bad people in every state, every country, and if Vedral was from Afghanistan id say he is the best QB on the team, with McCaffrey 2nd....3rd either Bunch or Martinez.  Martinez is terrible.  We win this game with ANYONE else, maybe even with Lamar Jackson at QB.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You know, just because he’s from small town Nebraska doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the necessary talent. He is a talented athlete, and right now he’s hands down a better QB than AM. 

You’ve been down on him from early on this year. And yet, when he’s played he’s outperformed AM. And it hasn’t been close. We win this game today if he takes the second half snaps. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Undone said:

Adrian seems to have lost a large portion of his confidence. The strangest part for me is not his refusal to tuck it and scramble for yards like he did last year, it's the way he throws a terrible ball when Wan'Dale is five yards in front of him on a simple screen pass.

It boggles the mind how much he's struggled with those easy throws this year. 

I don't really claim to be sure of whether Vedral is actually better than Martinez this year. But the ridiculously missed pass to Noa over the middle that would have been a walk-in touchdown was a huge part of losing the game. Feels like if Frost is putting his money where his mouth is he's going to have start benching his QB (whoever it is at any given point) and playing the next guy to strike up the competition factor.

Or maybe Stanley and Devine deserve more credit for 2018...

48 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

I dont give a s#!t where hes from.  Ive lived all over this country and i couldnt care less where your from..its about who you are not where ur from.  Their are good and bad people in every state, every country, and if Vedral was from Afghanistan id say he is the best QB on the team, with McCaffrey 2nd....3rd either Bunch or Martinez.  Martinez is terrible.  We win this game with ANYONE else, maybe even with Lamar Jackson at QB.

You know...NU had the lead...with like 3 minutes left.

11 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

You know, just because he’s from small town Nebraska doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the necessary talent. He is a talented athlete, and right now he’s hands down a better QB than AM. 

You’ve been down on him from early on this year. And yet, when he’s played he’s outperformed AM. And it hasn’t been close. We win this game today if he takes the second half snaps. 

I am not down on him, not at all.  I am 100% fine with him.  He is exactly what I think he is as a QB and athlete.  

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

You know...NU had the lead...with like 3 minutes left.

I am not down on him, not at all.  I am 100% fine with him.  He is exactly what I think he is as a QB and athlete.  

That’s a nice subtle, tongue in cheek slam. “Exactly what I think he is as a QB and athlete”.  

4th best QB on the team next year?

3 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

That’s a nice subtle, tongue in cheek slam. “Exactly what I think he is as a QB and athlete”.  

4th best QB on the team next year?

Yeah, 4th.

AM

Luke

That Smothers kid

I get it, I know it ruins dreams, I know it does...but it is just what it is.  Out of all the coaches in the country Frost would be THE FIRST ONE to want to play the small town home town QB...if it was the best option...

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, 4th.

AM

Luke

That Smothers kid

I get it, I know it ruins dreams, I know it does...but it is just what it is.  Out of all the coaches in the country Frost would be THE FIRST ONE to want to play the small town home town QB...if it was the best option...

AM. He isn’t better than Vedral right now. If last years AM comes back yes, better by a large margin.  IF

Luke. Yes, lot of potential. Has played one year of high school QB prior to this season. Upside is no guarantee. 

Smothers. A true freshman coming in. A year ago Gebbia was that guy. Then got beat out by AM. Putting a lot of stock in a true freshman. 

Vedral. You know what you have. A kid who is more  talented than people believe (the small town Nebraska kid thing again). Who knows the offense, his smart and decisive. Who has been effective in his limited opportunities. 

4th best, maybe?  But that’s a pretty large leap based on a lot of speculation about kids development. Development by a staff who this year hasn’t shown a lot of that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1