We win this game with Vedral, or McCaffrey

3 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

AM. He isn’t better than Vedral right now. If last years AM comes back yes, better by a large margin.  IF

Luke. Yes, lot of potential. Has played one year of high school QB prior to this season. Upside is no guarantee. 

Smothers. A true freshman coming in. A year ago Gebbia was that guy. Then got beat out by AM. Putting a lot of stock in a true freshman. 

Vedral. You know what you have. A kid who is more  talented than people believe (the small town Nebraska kid thing again). Who knows the offense, his smart and decisive. Who has been effective in his limited opportunities. 

4th best, maybe?  But that’s a pretty large leap based on a lot of speculation about kids development. Development by a staff who this year hasn’t shown a lot of that. 

Well, I guess ALL THE RECRUITING services also missed on Vedral...It does happen...so there is a chance.

And Smothers is not like Gebbia...Smothers can run.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Well, I guess ALL THE RECRUITING services also missed on Vedral...It does happen...so there is a chance.

And Smothers is not like Gebbia...Smothers can run.

Who knows. My feeling watching Vedral is he is just too stereotyped as that typical Nebraska kid who isn’t really talented enough, but could be “serviceable” in a pinch (think Matt Turman). I think he can operate our offense at a higher level than just that. 

Im glad Smothers can run. AM could run last year too. 

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Who knows. My feeling watching Vedral is he is just too stereotyped as that typical Nebraska kid who isn’t really talented enough, but could be “serviceable” in a pinch (think Matt Turman). I think he can operate our offense at a higher level than just that. 

Im glad Smothers can run. AM could run last year too. 

AM was the leading rusher today for the Skers...with two rushing TDs...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Look, all of us wanted video game numbers...I get it!

We wanted 275-325 passing and 25-100 rushing and 3-5 total TDs.

But they have a horrible center...super lame RB's...and one WR and zero TE's.

So AM gets a pass for missing how many wide open receivers and nearly throwing multiple terrible picks today because of the above????

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

Look, all of us wanted video game numbers...I get it!

We wanted 275-325 passing and 25-100 rushing and 3-5 total TDs.

But they have a horrible center...super lame RB's...and one WR and zero TE's.

I’m not of the video game generation. I don’t care about those numbers, just the ones in the win column. 

I just want to watch AM be decisive again. Run with authority and conviction. Play like he did last year. 

Super lame RB’s?  Maybe we shouldn’t run our super lame 190lb freshman right behind that horrible center (who just happens to occupy the space between two horrible guards!). I would agree about the w/r situation. But how would we know if our TE’s could be productive or not?

Bottom line, to me anyway (and a lot of people here), Vedral gives us the best opportunity,  right now, to win. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

So AM gets a pass for missing how many wide open receivers and nearly throwing multiple terrible picks today because of the above????

I don't know what "gets a pass" means.

He drove them down and they had the lead with 3 minutes left.  

Look...I don't care if they change QB's...but the next best guy is not Vedral.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, 3rd and long said:

I’m not of the video game generation. I don’t care about those numbers, just the ones in the win column. 

I just want to watch AM be decisive again. Run with authority and conviction. Play like he did last year. 

Super lame RB’s?  Maybe we shouldn’t run our super lame 190lb freshman right behind that horrible center (who just happens to occupy the space between two horrible guards!). I would agree about the w/r situation. But how would we know if our TE’s could be productive or not?

Bottom line, to me anyway (and a lot of people here), Vedral gives us the best opportunity,  right now, to win. 

No he doesn't.

AM or Luke are the best options.  Your boyfriend started a game, remember?  Against Minny...how did he do?

Then he started at home against a lame a$$ IU team...and lost again.

I don't know what "gets a pass" means.

He drove them down and they had the lead with 3 minutes left.  

Look...I don't care if they change QB's...but the next best guy is not Vedral.

How can you say he’s not?  We’ve seen Luke for what, three or four series. Where Frost didn’t let him throw (outside of the great playaction where he still almost missed a wide open Noah?  But he did complete it). 

1 minute ago, 3rd and long said:

How can you say he’s not?  We’ve seen Luke for what, three or four series. Where Frost didn’t let him throw (outside of the great playaction where he still almost missed a wide open Noah?  But he did complete it). 

We saw Vedral...get SMOKED by Minny...and get beat by IU...at home.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No he doesn't.

AM or Luke are the best options.  Your boyfriend started a game, remember?  Against Minny...how did he do?

Then he started at home against a lame a$$ IU team...and lost again.

So now a civil discussion as denigrated to childish comments. I guess it doesn’t surprise everyone with your history. 

How do you suppose either of your two much much better options would have fared against Minnesota?

He shouldn’t have had to drive them down to take a lead with three minutes left. We should have already been up by three scores. What about the first half, when he started in Purdue territory?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1