Chinander Defence: 103 lost points in last 3 games

5 hours ago, Redux said:

You must be new to the internet in general 

No.  I am referring to here.  I've been involved with the internet since it began.  But I am learning that this site is a lot like many others, though, with spelling nazis, immature little wannabe bullies, drunks, people with very poor reading comprehension, etc.  So, yeah, I'll give you that.  :D

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

He either needs to change his system or leave. His defensive philosophy will never work in the big 10. Were not getting pressure in the backfield on either the qb or rb and ANY qb, even a third string can pass when he has all day and there are holes EVERYWHERE.

the offense isn’t helping matters and sure does deserve scrutiny when they could have ended that game in the first half but this defense is nothing less of an embarrassment. Specially all the hype around the d line and cohesiveness of the defense, they suck. Plain and simple. 

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

No.  I am referring to here.  I've been involved with the internet since it began.  But I am learning that this site is a lot like many others, though, with spelling nazis, immature little wannabe bullies, drunks, people with very poor reading comprehension, etc.  So, yeah, I'll give you that.  :D

Al Gore... is that you..??

• Haha 2

On 11/4/2019 at 1:10 PM, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

And that's just the Politics and Religion board. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Someday we'll have to stop using Mike Riley as an excuse for Frost's failures. It's been two years, most all of those players are gone, and Mike Riley isn't the most negatively powerful influence of a previous coach in the history of college football.

The way some people use him to excuse Frost's growing pains paints him out to be some warlock who cast magic spells and curses of laziness and incompetence over every square foot of campus. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Someday we'll have to stop using Mike Riley as an excuse for Frost's failures. It's been two years, most all of those players are gone, and Mike Riley isn't the most negatively powerful influence of a previous coach in the history of college football.

The way some people use him to excuse Frost's growing pains paints him out to be some warlock who cast magic spells and curses of laziness and incompetence over every square foot of campus. 

Riley sucked.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Please don't misunderstand that Frost has made his own mistakes and the talent excuse does wear thin.

However, it should be apparent that Riley & staff were poor developers of talent and overall average coaches. It wasn't so much that RIley was a negative influence, but a complacent one. When complacency hits, you find players caring more about their own stats, highlights, etc. and less about team success. This is still an issue with some of the upperclassmen as seen in Mo Berry flexing after nearly every hit (despite the scoreboard) and Lamar being Lamar. Thankfully, most of the underclassmen appear less focused on individual attention and care more about team wins so I do think we will be good soon. 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Please don't misunderstand that Frost has made his own mistakes and the talent excuse does wear thin.

However, it should be apparent that Riley & staff were poor developers of talent and overall average coaches. It wasn't so much that RIley was a negative influence, but a complacent one. When complacency hits, you find players caring more about their own stats, highlights, etc. and less about team success. This is still an issue with some of the upperclassmen as seen in Mo Berry flexing after nearly every hit (despite the scoreboard) and Lamar being Lamar. Thankfully, most of the underclassmen appear less focused on individual attention and care more about team wins so I do think we will be good soon. 

I don't disagree with you overall, but let the guys celebrate. Since last year, I haven't seen them celebrating clear situations where they shouldn't, like a hard hit 20 yards downfield. I agree it's better to celebrate when you're winning, but I don't agree with saying they can't show emotion because we're not winning. And I don't think it's a "selfish" move - we've got some expressive players, as we did in the 90s.

12 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't disagree with you overall, but let the guys celebrate. Since last year, I haven't seen them celebrating clear situations where they shouldn't, like a hard hit 20 yards downfield. I agree it's better to celebrate when you're winning, but I don't agree with saying they can't show emotion because we're not winning. And I don't think it's a "selfish" move - we've got some expressive players, as we did in the 90s.

Expressing emotion can be good and encouraged but when you're down 14-20+ points, flexing and waiving your arms in the face of your opponent is pretty dumb. I'm all for encouraging their teammates but (at least to me) it seems like a handful of the current guys would rather make the highlight reel than play in the postseason. I can't say that would be the case for the players in the 90s. 

17 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Expressing emotion can be good and encouraged but when you're down 14-20+ points, flexing and waiving your arms in the face of your opponent is pretty dumb. I'm all for encouraging their teammates but (at least to me) it seems like a handful of the current guys would rather make the highlight reel than play in the postseason. I can't say that would be the case for the players in the 90s. 

I just don't know how you measure that because that's not an either/or thing.