What if we beat Wisconsin?

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:03 PM, 3gunhusker said:

i can only imagine what their OL is gonna do to our front 3.

We should be practicing 4-man front this week and next. Won't make a big difference but I'd much rather have Stille fortifying the front than an assignment-missing LB. Not looking forward to this game.  Maryland is definitely beatable and if we get our O together we have a shot against Iowa. They don't have much of an O, get our O clicking and a couple breaks anything can happen.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blinding blizzard with hurricane winds.  And broken down Memorial Stadium snowblower machine.  10x more intense than Michigan St last year.
  • Kidnap Jonathan Taylor, Jack Coan, 2nd and 3rd string QB's  and  some key players i.e. a couple of UW D-Lines & O-Lines.
  • Huskers play makers: Drawing dirt in NU huddle ....... ala neighborhood kids backyard football game.  Next, insert duct tape ...... Frost's mouth. 

Thus, slight chance to win

14 hours ago, The Maudfather said:

Just the dumbest f#&%ing thread.

We just lost to a putrid 2-6 Purdue team and let their 3rd string QB orchestrate a long, game winning TD drive. 

This team f#&%ing sucks and we will lose every game left on the schedule. 

Illinois beat Wisconsin.....

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Honestly, we are lucky to win against Illinois.  NW too.

And Illinois was lucky to beat Wisconsin. So we can't get lucky against Wisconsin too? Nobody is arguing that we should beat Wisconsin, or that it's at all likely. But saying we literally can't is an exaggeration, crazy stuff happens all the time. I'm not expecting it by any means, but what if things click during the bye and we see more of the team from the second half of last year?

2 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Honestly, we are lucky to win against Illinois.  NW too.

Not really. Those teams are lucky we shoot ourself in the foot as a hobby, Illinois in particular. That game could have easily been a blowout in our favor if we don't giftwrap a few TDs for them

5 hours ago, Danimal said:

We should be practicing 4-man front this week and next. Won't make a big difference but I'd much rather have Stille fortifying the front than an assignment-missing LB. Not looking forward to this game.  Maryland is definitely beatable and if we get our O together we have a shot against Iowa. They don't have much of an O, get our O clicking and a couple breaks anything can happen.

Completely agree. Extra D-linemen will be needed and its not like the OLBs are generating much of a pass rush anyway.

Just now, Hooked on Huskers said:

Well of course.  Without "shooting in the foot", 7 wins and 2 losses ...... even 8W-1L.

But thats the point. We are our own worst enemy right now, not the teams we are playing. That bodes well for the future imo because its all fixable. Honestly if the offense would have taken a leap rather than regressed we probably would all be excited about the seasons results. This offense is an outlier for Scott Frost and we will get back on track. The defense is extremely limited personel wise past the D Line and we have gotten better so thats been promising to me as well. When we have a defense full of Taylor Britts we will be solid and we are getting there in recruiting.

11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

But thats the point. We are our own worst enemy right now, not the teams we are playing. That bodes well for the future imo because its all fixable. Honestly if the offense would have taken a leap rather than regressed we probably would all be excited about the seasons results. This offense is an outlier for Scott Frost and we will get back on track. The defense is extremely limited personel wise past the D Line and we have gotten better so thats been promising to me as well. When we have a defense full of Taylor Britts we will be solid and we are getting there in recruiting.

Fixable ..... questionable.  Perhaps Frost's mechanic is beyond repair.  Like Willie Taggart.

SalvageCarBuyer12-640x372.jpg