What if we beat Wisconsin?

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Ultimately they shouldn't have been put in that position. The defense obviously needs to get better and some day we will be good enough on D to get a stop on the final drive. But the offense had every opportunity to make it a sizeable lead early. Everyone including the coaches know we are limited on defense, why are we wanting them to make the play with the game on the line? I don't get the hate for the D when the offense has been so inconsistent and that is supposed to be our major strength as a team. Again we can argue about it forever but ultimately the staff prides itself on scoring big points quickly and running away with games in that fashion. If we are gonna have an offensive minded coach the offense needs to work well or games will be lost.

Do you watch football???

You do realize most teams need a stop to win a game.

We are not going to blowout even mid tier B10 teams.

Final Drive Chinander has cost us the following games by not stopping our opponents final drive.

Colorado 

NW

OSU

Iowa

Colorado

Indiana

Purdue

7 wins for the taking.

Frosts seat is getting hot because of his buddy.

Not to mention 30 Point Chinander.

Or 3rd and Chinander.

13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:
  • Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

These segments are fun to learn from. Urban Meyer explains how Illinois & tOSU used the size of Wisc's OL against them. Hopefully we can scheme something similar, but again, I'm not sure we have the speed or instinct at LB to do these same things...

That's nice and all, but our defense isn't capable of being that sound. Let alone being as talented.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, SFW said:

Do you watch football???

You do realize most teams need a stop to win a game.

We are not going to blowout even mid tier B10 teams.

Final Drive Chinander has cost us the following games by not stopping our opponents final drive.

Colorado 

NW

OSU

Iowa

Colorado

Indiana

Purdue

7 wins for the taking.

Frosts seat is getting hot because of his buddy.

Not to mention 30 Point Chinander.

Or 3rd and Chinander.

You just dont understand what this defense is designed to do or how bigly its improved. It went from be dead last in the conference to being almost dead last in the conference. It doesn't mattter how many yards or points it gives up.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

You just dont understand what this defense is designed to do or how bigly its improved. It went from be dead last in the conference to being almost dead last in the conference. It doesn't mattter how many yards or points it gives up.

If the offense can put it in the endzone consistently when the D gives them the ball in Purdue territory 9 out of the first 10 times including once at the 3 yard line maybe the tone around here is a little different. 

Also what are we dead last in? Not total defense. We are better than last year in every statistical category which was better than the year before in every statistical category. What more should he be doing exactly?

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If the offense can put it in the endzone consistently when the D gives them the ball in Purdue territory 9 out of the first 10 times including once at the 3 yard line maybe the tone around here is a little different. 

Also what are we dead last in? Not total defense. We are better than last year in every statistical category which was better than the year before in every statistical category. What more should he be doing exactly?

I said almost dead last. We are almost dead last in total defense in the big ten and like 70 something nationally. Sorry if i know chin is s#!t at his job.

1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

I said almost dead last. We are almost dead last in total defense in the big ten and like 70 something nationally. Sorry if i know chin is s#!t at his job.

I mean we were 116th nationally before he got here. I agree there's a long way to go, but right now the top 4 scoring defenses in the country are all Big Ten teams. It takes a really good defense to break into the top part of the Big Ten, and no one is arguing we're a really good defense yet. We are an improving defense though.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Sure he is despite improving every defense he has ever been a DC for 

Yeah at this pace well have a top 25 defense by 2030. I get that he doesn't have a lot to work with but he has failed to do simple things like match up personnel when the other teams offense subs in different personnel. Congrats he's less bad than diaco. Give him a raise.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I certainly would not be too upset if he left, at best so far he has been marginal, perhaps he can get the defense better so we will see. 

Just now, LumberJackSker said:

Yeah at this pace well have a top 25 defense by 2030. I get that he doesn't have a lot to work with but he has failed to do simple things like match up personnel when the other teams offense subs in different personnel. Congrats he's less bad than diaco. Give him a raise.

It takes time coming from 116th. There are personel constraints right now, we don't have alot to work with. You don't go from bad to good, you have to get to average first.

2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Fun fact, we are paying him less than we paid Diaco! And last year, we actually still payed Diaco more than Chins because we paid off his $875k salary for the year.