What if we beat Wisconsin?

I think Wisconsin beats us as dominant as Minnesota did. No idea what the score will be, but the final score wont matter, it will be the utter beat down and the seemingly willingness by the defense  that will be the frustrating part. 

But then come next Monday after a weekend of ranting and exhausting my fingers out of frustration on the keyboard, my heart will take over my logical thinking and I will grow confidence that we can beat Maryland. And even now I think we can beat Maryland to get that elusive 5th win of the season which we haven't seen in 2 years. 

Beating Maryland and getting that 5th win will give us a 1 win improvement over last year and, AND it will mean a win over Iowa sends us to a bowl game. Then that hope of Nebraska football will return, we will talk about how improvement was made after beating Maryland and that this team is turning the corner and we will go into the Iowa game at home believing we can knock off the Hawkeyes. 

And folks, as I type this, I've already bought into my own hype. I think we beat Maryland and Iowa, get 6 wins and get into a bowl game. We get some low level bowl opponent, but after a couple extra weeks of practice it's enough for Nebraska to win and suddenly we have a 7-5 season.

But first we must endure the beatdown that will be Wisconsin.

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

One question I have for the staff. So it appears they have been coaching a little scared all year. Scared of getting burned on defense. Scared of turnovers on offense so they havnt cut it loose. So the question I would have is- can we stop coaching scared and see what happens? 

Maybe if the defense cuts it loose and call defensive series more aggressive like they did at UCF and see what happens. 

Call the offensive plays like you did at UCF and see what happens. 

I mean we are 4-5 and look like dog s#!t. By playing it safe we are sucking even worse than if we played with a little edge. Maybe some lack of buy in is creeping in because the guys can tell the play calls are all safe and they dont feel trusted. Maybe they want to play free and loose but they dont buy in because they hear no fear of failure but they see fear in the coaching? 

Just a thought- I have no idea whats going on inside the program. But our offense couldnt get worse- so instead of trying to not turn the ball over cut Martinez loose and see what happens. Send some receivers down field and start getting them the ball. 

Defense- who knows. Just do something different. 

Very nice post..............totally agree

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't think we really know if they're coaching scared, or afraid of failing. If they figure blitzing has say a 10% chance of success on a given 3rd down, is it really "fear of failure" making them call a safer defense instead? Or is it being smart?

Obviously I don't know the percentages, but there's a fine line between doing things out of fear and doing things because you believe they give you the best chance of success.  And I think we're more aggressive than people remember just based on the eye test, we blitz a fair amount and have attempted more shots recently.

??? are you watching the same season I am?

2 minutes ago, April Wine said:

??? are you watching the same season I am?

Probably. Claiming to know the coaches are making calls out of fear is ridiculous, we don't know why they're calling it how they are. Feels like some posters would fling that accusation unless we blitzed literally every play, and only called deep shots on offense. 

2 minutes ago, April Wine said:

Does anyone here remember Frost saying after losing the Colorado game when asked "why did you take the ball out of Adrians hands in OT"  and he replied he was afraid he would turn it over?  Anyone remember that gem from our HC?

Yeah, and they admitted it and called themselves out on needing to practice what they were preaching. Has there been a similar situation since?