The Bandwagon (heading East)

Who is ready to hop on the wagon heading the other direction?  I heard there was gold out here so i hopped on.  Ive been searching for 18 years now, and havent found much...a couple "flechs" found last fall,  but thats it.  The winters begin in September, the Spring dont start till May out here.  The Women are sparse, and the whiskey dont work no more.  A wise man would find the wagon heading back east....stop wasting his life on the slim and ever-slimming hopes of finding gold.  Ive wasted many a years in this brutal land.  And i know i have less years left than i did before.  But i never was a wise man....folks have always questioned wether i was on the right side of retardation......but one day i heard a supposed wise man say "history was always made by actin a fool".....seems to contradict itself ....am i wise or am i a fool...if im honest i must say im too retarded to know which one i am.  

Whose taking the wagon back east? Whose still chasing the sunset out west?

2 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Was just trying to get a feel for how many fans were giving up.  If not now, then when??   Looks like most of us never give up on Nebraska Football.....idk if we are crazy or its just that we really have nothing else.

Some of us get fired up talking about it but at the end of the day, it's a game.  The outcome doesn't affect my life at all and I don't lose any sleep over it.  I enjoy supporting my team and will continue to do so no matter how they perform. 

• Plus1 1

I'm still on the Frost bandwagon.  SF has about as good a football resume as someone his age could possibly accumulate.  Sure we suck this year.  And last.  But it's not like he forgot how to coach.  It's just taking longer to turn this thing around than was originally thought.  Have patience.  

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Was just trying to get a feel for how many fans were giving up.  If not now, then when??   Looks like most of us never give up on Nebraska Football.....idk if we are crazy or its just that we really have nothing else.

I'd give it up if I could. I've tried for 15 years to not care. I can't quit you, Husker football. 22b933b11f8c0890c6e8a1efed1046fe3f99a3aa

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Scratchtown said:

Can’t wrap my mind around how he got it going so fast at UCF when they were freaking 0-12. 

Something in the water at the university that makes the boys soft or what?

They won the fiesta bowl two years before they went 0-12.

We have had 3 recruiting classes (16,17, 18) that have been extremely poor.

This is a far bigger project than UCF.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Scratchtown said:

Can’t wrap my mind around how he got it going so fast at UCF when they were freaking 0-12. 

Something in the water at the university that makes the boys soft or what?

Two words:  Big Ten.  The Huskers are in a big boy conference.  This isn't the American conference where they play Temple, Uconn and Tulane.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

They won the orange bowl two years before they went 0-12.

We have had 3 recruiting classes (16,17, 18) that have been extremely poor.

This is a far bigger project than UCF.

I thought the '18 class turned out okay? Like we might have 2 top 20 classes for the first time since Osborne? Or is that '19 and '20?

6 minutes ago, NUance said:

Two words:  Big Ten.  The Huskers are in a big boy conference.  This isn't the American conference where they play Temple, Uconn and Tulane.  

I get confused on this board sometimes......are you saying Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue and Indiana qualify as big boy football?