Maybe, just maybe this is the problem

Seems Adrian has lost some confidence and was really rusty after missing a few weeks. But, also maybe it is deeper than that? No Devine Ozigbo with his tough running and he passed block decent. Our O line is young and inexperienced, lost a couple key players from that line as well. Lastly, Stanley Morgan, get it close and he typically caught it.

With the pass protection as it is Adrian is throwing scared, not seeing the field and so on and so on.

We just need to let them play out the year and see where the chips fall.

I know that I for one I need to lay off the criticism for the rest of the year and not take these loss' to heart! Really hard to do.

Guess I just needed to sleep on it.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I think the biggest issue is that there isn’t only one or two issues to point at. Kind of a cop-out but it feels like if something can go wrong, it does. If one side steps up, the other side let’s us down.

And the Huskers have had a history "if it can go wrong it will"! I remember the late quarter loss' to Oklahoma year after year. This is our MAN and he (Frost) will get it done.

One thing not mentioned much yesterday was the play of special teams. Much better, 2 partial blocked punts is pretty dang good and so was coverage on punts and kicks. Probably should just down the ball or let it cross the goal line on the our kick receive many times.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, rdwoodpecker said:

And the Huskers have had a history "if it can go wrong it will"! I remember the late quarter loss' to Oklahoma year after year. This is our MAN and he (Frost) will get it done.

One thing not mentioned much yesterday was the play of special teams. Much better, 2 partial blocked punts is pretty dang good and so was coverage on punts and kicks. Probably should just down the ball or let it cross the goal line on the our kick receive many times.

Oline is better too. 

I agree we need to give these guys time...I’m not calling for anyone’s head right now.  Certain coaches need to step up, specifically Walters, Austin, Dewitt, and ruud.  The Purdue game was the first game I watched of AM where I wanted him pulled, not sure if vedral was available outside and injury though.  

Im more concerned with stiiles comments after the game.  It sounded to me like finger pointing has started and the locker room is a mess.  I am in the camp of thought that MR recruited some pretty selfish, weak minded, me first players and we are seeing the results of that.  If the locker room is what I think it is these next three games are going to be disasters.  Enjoy and prep for next year folks.

• Fire 1