Football Miracles Happen

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

I really don't get this attitude from people honestly.  Some people's fandom is nonchalant, others allow themselves to become more emotionally invested in the success or lack thereof.  Regardless of fandom, I've never been impressed by those who feel the need to tell someone how to be a fan.  I said in the first sentence above, I'm venting.  I'll vent and by tomorrow I'll continue looking for tickets to the Wisconsin game.  Can't clean my garage if I'm at the stadium.

Same here.  I don't get how people that aren't part of the team get so upset that they'd rather clean their garage than watch football.  Don't get me wrong, I cheer the touchdowns and cuss at turnovers; but the same way I do watching a good movie.  When it's all done, I move on and talk about what I thought.  I just don't let it ruin my day.

To each their own, I guess...

• Plus1 1

It would be a miracle if

1) Frost got rid of Chinander (ya know like Minnesota) and found a DC that runs an attacking defense.

2) Frost found a big running back or 3 and based the offense around power running.

3) Frost went out and paid Urban Meyer to be his mentor, someone to hold him accountable for his poor coaching decisions.

1 hour ago, SFW said:

It would be a miracle if

1) Frost got rid of Chinander (ya know like Minnesota) and found a DC that runs an attacking defense.

2) Frost found a big running back or 3 and based the offense around power running.

3) Frost went out and paid Urban Meyer to be his mentor, someone to hold him accountable for his poor coaching decisions.

1) So we hire Bo back as a DC? We are running a strip the ball defense.

2) O line won't support it. We need speed. Wait for Iowa we can see some slow as f#&% running backs get 10 yards.

3) Wait what. Urban wont play second fiddle to anyone.

3 minutes ago, KazLong said:

1) So we hire Bo back as a DC? We are running a strip the ball defense.

2) O line won't support it. We need speed. Wait for Iowa we can see some slow as f#&% running backs get 10 yards.

3) Wait what. Urban wont play second fiddle to anyone.

I) Bo would never come back here.  There are plenty of good DCs out there.  Chinander is incompetent.

2) Our O- line needs simplicity and power not screen pass sideways offense.

3) Frost  needs a coach....someone to hold him accountable each week.  You know for his poor lay calling in key moments and terrible clock management.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Roundball Shaman said:

It’s hard for Husker fans to feel it right now, but you can turn a program around quickly and it doesn’t have to take 20 years... or even 5.

Husker fans... look to the Baylor Miracle. OK, maybe miracle is a bit much, but here’s what they’ve done in a very short time.

In 2015 they had a good record of 10-3. Dismissed the coach as he got caught up in an on-campus scandal. Brought in a caretaker coach in 2016, still got a 7-6 record after much turmoil.

New coach comes in 2017. Recruiting had been scarred so he didn’t have much to work with. Ended up 1-11. People were patient. 2018, they go plus-six-wins over prior year and end up 7-6.

And this year? Just a nice bright sparkling 8 wins, 0 losses.

So, anxious Husker Nation, it can happen. It didn’t take a long time or anything earth-shaking. Just bring in the right guys and let things grow together.

Sure, it’s not an equivalent situation as Huskers have been so Not-Husker-Like for a generation. But with the right mix of guys and a little time, good things can happen quickly. As underachieving as they’ve been, Huskers haven’t been 1-11 in all that time.

And be glad you’re not a football fan in the State of New Mexico. This season, New Mexico Lobos are 2-6, and the other major program in the State - New Mexico State - is 0-8 for a combined 2 wins, 14 losses. Bad football in the Land of Enchantment.

The future is bright, Husker fans. Things either get better or they get worse. And things won’t get worse in the Land of Tall Corn.

I believe in miracles

i believe in a better Nebraska football team for me and you

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Jeremy said:

It would be a miracle if Frost would scrap this cutesy offense. I've lauded it recently because of the yards it has racked up, but when teams like Purdue and South Alabama shut us down for the better part of 6 quarters, it needs to go. We aren't playing AAC patsies every week. This is the Big-Boy B1G with legit defenses. 

Frost needs to go all in on I Formation, ball control, power football. THAT would be a miracle. Simplify everything down and grind out 4 yards a play. Play-Action to loosen up the box. Shorten the game and keep our 'Bend and Usually Break' defense off the field. Teach the linemen straight ahead blocking and keep that clock rolling. I get that we run the ball, but our linemen are trying to zone/reach block and they simply can't do it. Wandale and Mills are just running into unblocked defenders. Get a fullback out there and block for our talented backs.

How many times in the past 2 seasons have we been near the goal line only to come away with 3 or none with cutesy crap? Line up in the I and ISO/Pitch/Option your way in. Heck, we had the ball first and goal from the 3. ISO! 4th and goal from the 1 foot line. QB sneak! There isn't a flag for aiding the runner anymore, so have the two backs push Adrian in! 

We've lost at least 4 games every year since '03, the last time we ran I Formation Option/Power football. We won't need to recruit an all-world QB. We have some backs coming in - focus on the line, a couple receivers, and tight ends. We aren't going to out-recruit the other 11 spread teams in our conference for the necessary quarterbacks and athletes to be effective. But we can get guys for the power game. God, let it happen.

Really missing a power run to our offense. Watched the Ravens tonight and they seemed to have a good recipe as they were hitting the Patriots with power and speed.  QB ran as needed too.  Defense stout with lots of blitz to disrupt Brady.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, funhusker said:

Same here.  I don't get how people that aren't part of the team get so upset that they'd rather clean their garage than watch football.  Don't get me wrong, I cheer the touchdowns and cuss at turnovers; but the same way I do watching a good movie.  When it's all done, I move on and talk about what I thought.  I just don't let it ruin my day.

To each their own, I guess...

My day wasn't ruined.  It used to be ruined when we were actually a decent team, I hated losing.  Now I'm just disgusted by the product we field and go on with my day because I know we can't be any better.  And I've never opted to clean my garage instead of watching football, that was your awful suggestion.  I hate that garage.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, SFW said:

It would be a miracle if

Am I the only one that doesn't get the bolded at all?  Why would Frost need Urban Meyer when he has TO?  If there's anyone that understands Nebraska Football and the pressure that comes with it, it's TO.  If there's anyone who understands offense and play calling, it's TO.  From what I gather, he does occasionally visit practice.  He's already around the program. 

1 hour ago, junior4949 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't get the bolded at all?  Why would Frost need Urban Meyer when he has TO?  If there's anyone that understands Nebraska Football and the pressure that comes with it, it's TO.  If there's anyone who understands offense and play calling, it's TO.  From what I gather, he does occasionally visit practice.  He's already around the program. 

How’s that working out?

• Plus1 1