Buy the ticket, take the ride

Preemptive apologies for starting a new thread about a well worn topic, but I wanted to share my thoughts without feeling like I have to choose a side. 

I find it interesting that people claim that if Frost can’t fix it...then no one can and the program is dead.  Nebraska will always thirst for a football team to root for, and if/when a team shows any amount of promise...the entire fan base will be galvanized and line up to support them.  

Frost’s first two seasons are disappointing. There really is nothing more than conjecture and unfounded optimism that suggests this is all part of a larger rebuilding plan. Things have gone poorly. This team has played poorly. And yes this coach is responsible for all of it. 

That being said, in this world of meaningless contracts and instant gratification...I believe we roll with Frost through his contract. Perhaps he is not a miracle worker, and maybe his early success had less to do with how perfect the coaching staff was than everyone thought. If you believe that Frost is a smart, passionate coach who can inspire young athletes...then maybe what we have is merely a guy who can become a great head coach one day.  He loves this program/state/university, and I believe him when he staunchly states that he will not rest until he gets it right. 

Maybe he needs to recruit different athletes, or overhaul his scheme, or replace some of his staff.  Whatever he has to do, I believe his passion for the program will always win out. He doesn’t appear to be waiting for another opportunity....this is it. In my opinion, he won’t forsake the team in favor of professional loyalty, intellectual stubbornness, etc.  

i wont say that I promise he’ll get it right in 7 years, but maybe it would be all that more rewarding to watch Frost develop into a better head coach wearing a red hoodie.  I’m willing to take the ride, support the program...bitch and moan with every loss, knowing that the guy in charge lives and dies more than I do with every game. 

Maybe he’s not the right guy, but I’m willing to wait a few more years to find out. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 3

On 11/3/2019 at 4:33 PM, dubsker said:

Wan’Dale hasn’t given up, so I won’t.

It also take a few years to build an o line from scratch.   I think Scott’s job will get a lot easier when he has more seniority up front.

Exactly.  A RSF center that never played center in his life and a former walk on replacing Seniors and a JR that hasnt played much before this year replacing a 3rd senior from last year's team.