Taggart Fired by Florida State

Mavric

10 hours ago, PoloWearingBeaver said:

It appears Florida State is committed to winning. 

Is that right? They watched a personally groomed assistant become one of only four elite MNC winning head coaches active (three now) just walk away because he couldn't deal with their lack of commitment to the program. Then they hired a wildly underqualified coach and paid him a $17mil buyout less than two years later when surprise surprise he didn't work out. 

• Plus1 3

I highly doubt that Urban Meyer is going to FSU. It seems like the administration isn't very good and he isn't going to go into a situation where there isn't stability. If USC hires Cincy's AD, I also doubt they pull in Urban. I think the smart move in LA would be to find an AD that Urban has worked with and hire him first. 

48 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Bobby at 50/1??   I could see Terry or Tommy.   I mean Bobby's got to be somewhere north of 90 by now, doesn't he??   There's no way he'd be up to come back.   And Jimbo, seriously??   Anyone who places wagers on Jimbo and Bobby should just stop gambling now.   And what's the logic behind Franklin?   He's building a nice program at PSU.   Don't see why he would have a desire to leave.   Fleck makes sense to leave after this season, they loose their front 7 on defense, next year will be rough, get out while he's hot.

I'm telling you Leach would be a great fit there.   All that speed he could recruit in his system.   Would be scary good.  He almost went to Tennessee last year, for a better gig, he's out of Pulman in a hot minute.   He's turned around worse programs with his last two gigs, he would be a great get for Florida State.   After him Campbell and Fleck would be my top choices.    I've heard Brent Venables name mentioned as well.

I didn't like this move. If FSU keeps stinking you make a move after the season, during just seems vindictive to me. Let the guy finish things out, if you're right about him he'll just hang himself more thoroughly. IMO Moos handled things right. He let Riley finish the season but had a list of six candidates all of which were contacted through back-channels, he ended-up with three guys lined-up for the job before Riley was ever canned.

• Plus1 1
On 11/4/2019 at 2:34 PM, sho said:

Bobby at 50/1??   I could see Terry or Tommy.   I mean Bobby's got to be somewhere north of 90 by now, doesn't he??   There's no way he'd be up to come back.   And Jimbo, seriously??   Anyone who places wagers on Jimbo and Bobby should just stop gambling now.   And what's the logic behind Franklin?   He's building a nice program at PSU.   Don't see why he would have a desire to leave.   Fleck makes sense to leave after this season, they loose their front 7 on defense, next year will be rough, get out while he's hot.

I'm telling you Leach would be a great fit there.   All that speed he could recruit in his system.   Would be scary good.  He almost went to Tennessee last year, for a better gig, he's out of Pulman in a hot minute.   He's turned around worse programs with his last two gigs, he would be a great get for Florida State.   After him Campbell and Fleck would be my top choices.    I've heard Brent Venables name mentioned as well.

I can't imagine Leach in an atmosphere where the fanbase expects contention for national championships.  

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I can't imagine Leach in an atmosphere where the fanbase expects contention for national championships.  

I can't either. He's always been the coach that takes a program from either the cellar of cfb or mediocrity and makes them respectable. 

But you never know, if he's got the urge to go for it at a big name school, it would be captivating to see what could happen with access to elite talent