For Comparison....

Since 2016 when they won 10 games, Florida "Free Shoes" State University has won a total - A TOTAL - of 16 games. 

image.png.7b99686157c739c207996fa48766cf50.png

Guess who would have to win out to match that?  You guessed it:

image.png.2005aa7cc18eacc22cf4b3a4dc648a54.png

image.png.2adab121b5fe208a96fffcb5420dadaf.png

I'm not saying Frost is the WRONG guy.  I am tired, however, of coaches getting here and thinking that they won't, don't, or have to make staff changes.  It's insulting to say that you're going to fix it, and you don't take obvious steps to make the fix.

Dino Babers has fired his Defensive coordinator: https://www.localsyr.com/orange-nation/syracuse-football-defensive-coordinator-has-been-fired/

Free Shoes fired their Head Coach: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27999505/florida-state-fires-willie-taggart

Hell, the Mad Hatter fired his offensive coordinator six games into the season: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235860802.html

If Frost doesn't do something prior to recruiting really beginning, it means he's not fully bought into doing what it takes to win here.
I don't care if Chinander was the best man in his wedding. Business is business.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

You think Florida State is a pattern we should follow? Ha

You're missing my point, and glossing over what I said.  I said that Frost is the guy for the job.  I ALSO said that if he wants people to believe that he's fully committed to "fixing it," he'll do the obvious thing and make the glaring changes first.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

You're missing my point, and glossing over what I said.  I said that Frost is the guy for the job.  I ALSO said that if he wants people to believe that he's fully committed to "fixing it," he'll do the obvious thing and make the glaring changes first.

So what is the point then? You are saying Florida State is doing what it takes by firing coaches and we should too are you not? 

• Fire 1

Based on his erstwhile coaching, I’d like to say I believe he can get the job done here. Based on his stay here at Nebraska, not so much.

Its just rich that the staff came in blasting the prior staff and roster. I mean, doing that and then complaining about a lack of buy-in is laughable. If I was here and a new staff came in like that and ended up getting similar results with “upgrades” to the roster, it’d be pretty difficult for me to stay bought in. Especially with the actual in-game coaching decisions being made.

It’s all then exacerbated when you see what Joe Burrow is doing at LSU vs. the QB room Frost was good with that spring.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m also looking forward to when Frost has all his guys bought in. But Frost is gonna have to check his ego before I’ll truly believe he’s gonna turn things around. That’s starts with dumping Chin.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

20 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So what is the point then? You are saying Florida State is doing what it takes by firing coaches and we should too are you not? 

No, I'm not.  Let me come at it another way.

Again, third time.  FROST IS THE GUY THAT NEEDS TO BE HERE.  I put the stats up to show how horrible Frost has been. 

Riley was here, one, two, three, you're outta there.  That was different, though.  He's not a native son.  Ne never played for the school.  He doesn't know what goes with the tradition and pressure of playing in Lincoln.  Frost is uniquely equipped for this job.

That being said - coaching is still a results driven profession, no matter WHO you are, no matter where you came from, and no matter what your name is.  He keeps saying, “I came back to Nebraska to get this fixed, and I’m gonna do it. Regardless of what has to happen…we’re gonna get it there. I won’t let anything else happen.”  and let's be fair - the ONLY reason why people aren't asking for his head right now is because his name is Scott, and his last name is Frost.  That gives him capital, and a little less of a hook mentality.  But, sometimes words aren't enough.  Loyalty can get you in the door, but it can also get you thrown out on your rear end as well.

Les Miles fired coaches SIX GAMES into the season.  Dino Babers fired the same guy who got them to a 10-3 record last year.  It's okay as a head coach to admit that a staff isn't quite gelling and tweaks need to be made.

Okay, Coach.  There's rubber.  There's road.  Time to make them meet each other and show us your level of committment on fixing it. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Again, third time.  FROST IS THE GUY THAT NEEDS TO BE HERE.  I put the stats up to show how horrible Frost has been. 

Riley was here, one, two, three, you're outta there.  That was different, though.  He's not a native son.  Ne never played for the school.  He doesn't know what goes with the tradition and pressure of playing in Lincoln.  Frost is uniquely equipped for this job.

That being said - coaching is still a results driven profession, no matter WHO you are, no matter where you came from, and no matter what your name is.  He keeps saying, “I came back to Nebraska to get this fixed, and I’m gonna do it. Regardless of what has to happen…we’re gonna get it there. I won’t let anything else happen.”  and let's be fair - the ONLY reason why people aren't asking for his head right now is because his name is Scott, and his last name is Frost.  That gives him capital, and a little less of a hook mentality.  But, sometimes words aren't enough.  Loyalty can get you in the door, but it can also get you thrown out on your rear end as well.

Les Miles fired coaches SIX GAMES into the season.  Dino Babers fired the same guy who got them to a 10-3 record last year.  It's okay as a head coach to admit that a staff isn't quite gelling and tweaks need to be made.

Okay, Coach.  There's rubber.  There's road.  Time to make them meet each other and show us your level of committment on fixing it. 

Well, he's not going to fire Chinander, so your point is pretty moot. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Did I say the head coach? You are calling for Chins head because other programs are also firing coaches. Thats the point you are making, Frost doesn't care about winning if he keeps Chinander. So yes I got your point from the beginning. But who is to say those moves were for the best? You post examples of programs firing coaches, but we don't have the results of those moves yet now do we? Could end up making things worse. Also, those are those programs and we are us. We don't need to follow the same script as everyone else when the circumstances are different. Its funny you bring up Riley because people felt the exact same way about Banker then when people got thier wish and Banker was forced out we got much worse. Maybe the answer isn't always fire a coach.

• Thanks 2
26 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

Based on his erstwhile coaching, I’d like to say I believe he can get the job done here. Based on his stay here at Nebraska, not so much.

Its just rich that the staff came in blasting the prior staff and roster. I mean, doing that and then complaining about a lack of buy-in is laughable. If I was here and a new staff came in like that and ended up getting similar results with “upgrades” to the roster, it’d be pretty difficult for me to stay bought in. Especially with the actual in-game coaching decisions being made.

It’s all then exacerbated when you see what Joe Burrow is doing at LSU vs. the QB room Frost was good with that spring.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m also looking forward to when Frost has all his guys and the dudes who aren’t bought-in have split. But Frost is gonna have to check his ego before I’ll truly believe he’s gonna turn things around. That’s starts with dumping Chin.

If I'm a scholarship athlete at the University of Nebraska that played during the '17 season, I'm HELL-BENT on giving everything I have, every minute of every day for the school that's giving me a full ride. I look down at the number on my jersey and realize that a LEGEND wore this number (whatever it is) and I have a tradition to live up to.

I don't loaf in practice, or go through the motions. I push, encourage, and make my teammates better. I do everything the coaches ask of me. I watch film and pay attention during meetings. I figure out my lapses and mistakes and do whatever I can to avoid them in the future. I don't lose my cool and PUNCH AN OPPONENT. 

I make it my goal in life to lead during whatever conditioning drills there are. I put my body on the line if I'm on defense or blocking - there ARE NO BUSINESS DECISIONS.  

In the off-season, I live in the weight room and mold my God-given gifts into weapons for my team. 

I will NEVER be caught on film jogging or half-heartedly pursuing a ball carrier, no matter how far he may be away. 

You're crazy if you think the whole team is bought in like this. It's why we are where we are. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

Just now, alexhortdog95 said:

Well, then it'd be time to start looking for the next head coach, because it would show that he's just playing lip service when he says he's committed to fixing it. 

So then you don't think Frost is the guy that needs to be here, then. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

So then you don't think Frost is the guy that needs to be here, then. 

I'm saying that if he doesn't make some kind of changes (my opinion is that yes, his defensive coordinator needs to go, but it doesn't have to be that change), then I dismiss his "fixing it" as nothing more than coachspeak.

He could bring in an advisor.  He could demote coaches and promote others.  But he's gotta do SOMETHING, because right now, the psyche on this team - from the coaches to the players - is quite fragile.

• Haha 1

Well, then it'd be time to start looking for the next head coach, because it would show that he's just playing lip service when he says he's committed to fixing it.

Or, hear me out, maybe he believes we can win with Chinander. And it's possible he is more qualified to make that call than we are. I'm not claiming Chins has done a great job by any means, but stability counts for a lot. And I don't think Chinander is clueless, feels like more and more they're hinting that we're calling games the way we do because the alternatives would be worse. Not because they have no idea what else to try.

1 minute ago, alexhortdog95 said:

He could bring in an advisor.  He could demote coaches and promote others.  But he's gotta do SOMETHING, because right now, the psyche on this team - from the coaches to the players - is quite fragile.

You want him to do these things in season? And when has demoting/promoting ever worked? Michigan State sure has turned it around offensively. /s

• Plus1 3