9 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

2015 UCF-37.7

2016 UCF- 26.7

2017 UCF- 24.7

9 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

2017 NEB-36.4

2018 NEB- 33.3 

2019 NEB- 29.1

I hope year three has a dramatic flip somehow but its just hard too see.. 

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So whenever he has been DC his unit allows less points than they did the year before. Hmmmm......

I agree with both you, Nebfanatic and Husker in WI. I don't know, I just feel that with an ELITE coach you should see higher jumps in defensive improvement when giving up that many points given the competition we are facing. I know he has only seen 21 games and a lot of this stems from me being impatient and yelling at my TV every-time I see our guys miss tackles, over-run tackles, and miss reads. He will definitely have another year and probably a fourth given his tie with Scott, but like all of us.. I just hope we see a lot of improvement. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

I agree with both you, Nebfanatic and Husker in WI. I don't know, I just feel that with an ELITE coach you should see higher jumps in defensive improvement when giving up that many points given the competition we are facing. I know he has only seen 21 games and a lot of this stems from me being impatient and yelling at my TV every-time I see our guys miss tackles, over-run tackles, and miss reads. He will definitely have another year and probably a fourth given his tie with Scott, but like all of us.. I just hope we see a lot of improvement. 

I think we can't say one way or another on Chinander yet. I try to think of what another coach could do with this situation and I just come to the conclusion its tough to judge Chinander with this bunch he has.

• Plus1 1

The next 3 game will tell a lot about improvement.  I think we trend toward 30 point Chinander’s first year.

If Final Drive Chinander is back next year we will be luck to get 4 wins.  With all the attrition and really tough schedule.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Coach speak doesn't go away, Saban talks about continuing to get better as much as anyone. Obviously the results need to come, but firing people isn't always what it takes to win.

There most certainly does need to be a firing here.

Thanks for bringing up Saban.  I like to see him mentioned because I think he's the type of mind, coaching mind, that has a perspective of "machinery" wrt the program/team, no matter what he says in front of a microphone and camera.  And he knows and is intimate with every aspect of the machine.. not only QB and passing game:  the O-line, the WRs, the D all around, he talks about all of them.  He does refer to film now and then, but take a look at what he's doing when the D is on the field;  he's with them.. he seems to make eye contact with every one of his players and coordinators. 

What's with Scott Frost and his responses to queries about the dismal "blackshirts" performance?  "I wasn't watching, I'll have to look at film."'   or.. "That's Chinander's area.  I'll have to talk to him about that."   Hello.  Your D coordinator is failing.  We score enough to win.  But he allows the other team to score more than us.  Hello. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think we can't say one way or another on Chinander yet. I try to think of what another coach could do with this situation and I just come to the conclusion its tough to judge Chinander with this bunch he has.

I can his schemes are unsound.  His 3 and 4 man pass rush,  bend but don’t break D lack creativity and effectiveness. 

Its horrific to watch and  know we will lose lead after lead.

He makes horrible Quarterbacks look like Tom Brady.

He coaches out of fear of getting beat deep.  So we get slowly pickEd clean.

Enjoy the Chinander show the next 3, if you like watching train wrecks that is.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, SFW said:

I can his schemes are unsound.  His 3 and 4 man pass rush,  bend but don’t break D lack creativity and effectiveness. 

Its horrific to watch and  know we will lose lead after lead.

He makes horrible Quarterbacks look like Tom Brady.

He coaches out of fear of getting beat deep.  So we get slowly pickEd clean.

Enjoy the Chinander show the next 3, if you like watching train wrecks that is.

Ok 

Just now, twofittyonred said:

Well I guess if you think allowing 30 points scored by marginal teams is an acceptable defense, well then good on ya..!!   At this rate we may be able to compete in 7 yrs...

Well we have improved 48 spots in total D over the last 2 years. Do that over the next 2 and we will be top 20. Improvment is all he can do and he is doing it at a pretty impressive rate in every defensive metric. We gave up 50+ how many times in 2017? Once to a Minnesota squad that had an atrocious offense. This defense was TERRIBLE so yea I'll take what we have right now because I'm not sure how we could be doing much better less than 2 years removed from being the 116th defense in the country.

2 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Well I guess if you think allowing 30 points scored by marginal teams is an acceptable defense, well then good on ya..!!   At this rate we may be able to compete in 7 yrs...

No one is happy with the performance on defense.

So just stop with this "acceptable" cr@p.  It's neither acceptable nor can it be solved in the next three games.

Let this staff try to solve the damn talent issue, then see what happens.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

So just stop with this "acceptable" cr@p.  It's neither acceptable nor can it be solved in the next three games.

It’s not a talent issue when you lose to the Purdue’s and Colorado’s (first year HC) of the world. We aren’t beating teams we should be. 

It’s having Mo Barry and Will Honas repeatedly cover WRs and rbs on crossing routes over the middle. It’s bringing 3-4 guys over and over on a walk-on QB. It’s not a talent issue and never has been. If Bo could win 9 games every year with his talent, we can win 6 to 7 with this schedule. We got our teeth kicked in against our 2 toughest opponents. Keep waiting for the talent to show up. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TheSker said:

I didn't post the stats and try to defend them as good..  And never once did I say it could be solved in 3 games..  it wasn't acceptable at UCF and its not acceptable here at Nebraska.  Im still a Fan and I will still go enjoy the games but i"m sorry if some on here cant handle a dose of reality. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, twofittyonred said:

I didn't post the stats and try to defend them as good..  And never once did I say it could be solved in 3 games..  it wasn't acceptable at UCF and its not acceptable here at Nebraska.  Im still a Fan and I will still go enjoy the games but i"m sorry if some on here cant handle a dose of reality. 

What does that even mean?

And as far as UCF, an undefeated season is literally ALWAYS acceptable.

Always.

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It’s not a talent issue when you lose to the Purdue’s and Colorado’s (first year HC) of the world. We aren’t beating teams we should be. 

It’s having Mo Barry and Will Honas repeatedly cover WRs and rbs on crossing routes over the middle. It’s bringing 3-4 guys over and over on a walk-on QB. It’s not a talent issue and never has been. If Bo could win 9 games every year with his talent, we can win 6 to 7 with this schedule. We got our teeth kicked in against our 2 toughest opponents. Keep waiting for the talent to show up. 

I love uninformed posts.

• Fire 1