For Comparison....

On 11/4/2019 at 11:49 AM, alexhortdog95 said:

Since 2016 when they won 10 games, Florida "Free Shoes" State University has won a total - A TOTAL - of 16 games. 

image.png.7b99686157c739c207996fa48766cf50.png

Guess who would have to win out to match that?  You guessed it:

image.png.2005aa7cc18eacc22cf4b3a4dc648a54.png

image.png.2adab121b5fe208a96fffcb5420dadaf.png

I'm not saying Frost is the WRONG guy.  I am tired, however, of coaches getting here and thinking that they won't, don't, or have to make staff changes.  It's insulting to say that you're going to fix it, and you don't take obvious steps to make the fix.

Dino Babers has fired his Defensive coordinator: https://www.localsyr.com/orange-nation/syracuse-football-defensive-coordinator-has-been-fired/

Free Shoes fired their Head Coach: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27999505/florida-state-fires-willie-taggart

Hell, the Mad Hatter fired his offensive coordinator six games into the season: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235860802.html

If Frost doesn't do something prior to recruiting really beginning, it means he's not fully bought into doing what it takes to win here.
I don't care if Chinander was the best man in his wedding. Business is business.

I think PJ Fleck is a good example of firing his DC in year two, and seeing HUGE gains in the statistical performance of the defense in year 3.  Frost and any other head coach should always be open to changing their assistants after every season ends.  It should be an objective evaluation of each coach based upon goals for that particular season along with the teams performance.  Obviously Year 1 goals should be less intense than Year 2 goals, and most coaches should expect more in Year 3 than Year 2 if an assistant is deserving enough to get a 3rd year.

I am not personally a fan of firing head coaches midseason. As for assistants it may be hard on the kids, but if its for the better of the program long-term, then perhaps that is ok.  We are so close to the end of this season that I would prefer Frost wait until after the regular season ends to make any coaching changes. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Honest question... did you want Riley to be fired during his last season? 

I'm not the sker but obviously pretty much everyone wanted Riley gone. But many didn't want him here in the first place. Everyone wanted Frost here and we said we would give him time to fix this.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not the sker but obviously pretty much everyone wanted Riley gone. But many didn't want him here in the first place. Everyone wanted Frost here and we said we would give him time to fix this.

He can fire an assistant or two and still be given time to get things right.