For Comparison....

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So I did get your point then? Sounds like all the rest of them. We should put you in charge since you have the simple fix

Why is it, when someone calls for a change in staff, that it is meant in such a derogatory way?  It could be good for BOTH parties involved.  Ed Orgeron was fired at Ole Miss for going 10-25 (3-21 in conference) at Ole Miss.  The guy was let go.  Now, Ole Miss hasn't recovered (probably because they hired some shady coaches AFTER that), but Coach O seems to have landed nicely on both his feet.

• Plus1 1

Just now, alexhortdog95 said:

Why is it, when someone calls for a change in staff, that it is meant in such a derogatory way?  It could be good for BOTH parties involved.  Ed Orgeron was fired at Ole Miss for going 10-25 (3-21 in conference) at Ole Miss.  The guy was let go.  Now, Ole Miss hasn't recovered (probably because they hired some shady coaches AFTER that), but Coach O seems to have landed nicely on both his feet.

That sounds great. Lets fire the coach and continue in misery while that coach finds major success somewhere else. Grade A example.

3 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

I'm saying that if he doesn't make some kind of changes (my opinion is that yes, his defensive coordinator needs to go, but it doesn't have to be that change), then I dismiss his "fixing it" as nothing more than coachspeak.

He could bring in an advisor.  He could demote coaches and promote others.  But he's gotta do SOMETHING, because right now, the psyche on this team - from the coaches to the players - is quite fragile.

That is more of a product of who is on the team, not who is leading the team. And anyone who thinks this is going to be solved in the amount of time Frost has already been here is kidding themselves about the overall state of the program, and how much of an overhaul it is going to be. It's going to be wholesale change in culture and tone, and he's got the people he thinks are necessary to complete that. To trust him, is to trust that process. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Or, hear me out, maybe he believes we can win with Chinander. And it's possible he is more qualified to make that call than we are.

The defense did everything asked of them in this scheme on Saturday. Obviously they can still improve but they gave our offense multiple chances to run away with the game and that is exactly what HCSF wants out of his defense.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

That sounds great. Lets fire the coach and continue in misery while that coach finds major success somewhere else. Grade A example.

Hugh Freeze went 7-6, 8-5, 9-4, 10-3, and 5-7 at Ole Miss after Coach O was ousted.  He stepped down because of his enjoyment of the company of ladies NOT his wife.  But they were doing pretty good after their head guy was fired.  Even upset Bama in there I believe.

I'll say this again - if firing Chin is the right thing to do, then he'll do it.  If elevating someone else to a co-Coordinator spot (which is quite normal), then he'll do it.  But doing NOTHING isn't the answer at this point.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

That is more of a product of who is on the team, not who is leading the team. And anyone who thinks this is going to be solved in the amount of time Frost has already been here is kidding themselves about the overall state of the program, and how much of an overhaul it is going to be. It's going to be wholesale change in culture and tone, and he's got the people he thinks are necessary to complete that. To trust him, is to trust that process. 

So, you're saying it's the players fault, not the coaches fault, then?

1 minute ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Hugh Freeze went 7-6, 8-5, 9-4, 10-3, and 5-7 at Ole Miss after Coach O was ousted.  He stepped down because of his enjoyment of the company of ladies NOT his wife.  But they were doing pretty good after their head guy was fired.  Even upset Bama in there I believe.

I'll say this again - if firing Chin is the right thing to do, then he'll do it.  If elevating someone else to a co-Coordinator spot (which is quite normal), then he'll do it.  But doing NOTHING isn't the answer at this point.

And what if it is, what are ya gonna do?

Hugh Freeze won games because he cheated so, i guess if you want to bring in a cheater sure.

• Plus1 1

That's rather pointed, and abrupt.

I'm going to continue to post my opinion on this message board, just like you.

I'm not entitled to an opinion?

You are entitled to your opinion but my point is what good does your opinion do? Because we aren't going to do anything you suggested this offseason. So the question becomes what are you gonna do about that? Because you seem pretty set about something needing to be done.

You are entitled to your opinion but my point is what good does your opinion do? Because we aren't going to do anything you suggested this offseason. So the question becomes what are you gonna do about that? Because you seem pretty set about something needing to be done.

Wow.  Here's what I'm gonna do.  I'm going to continue to be critical of a guy who makes 5 million a year. 

I'll be critical of a guy making close to a million a year.

What I WON'T do, however, is make an assumption about a sophomore QB possibly getting another college athlete pregnant (see Martinez a dad thread).  I won't speculate on a kid being less mentally tough than another one.

So....now that I've answered your question - what are YOU going to do?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow.  Here's what I'm gonna do.  I'm going to continue to be critical of a guy who makes 5 million a year. 

What I WON'T do, however, is make an assumption about a sophomore QB possibly getting another college athlete pregnant (see Martinez a dad thread).  I won't speculate on a kid being less mentally tough than another one.

Wow what? I'm asking an honest question since you have this ultimatum that Frost doesn't care about winning if he doesn't fire Chinander. I'm not sure what the second paragraph has to do with anything, I didn't participate in that thread. I'm going to continue to support our staff and team like I always do. I will trust the process because I understand this situation takes time to fix. I am going to be patient with this staff because thats what I said I would do when I was wanting them to come to Nebraska so badly. We wanted this we should ride it out to the end.

2 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Not going through his entire post history, but the guy you're arguing with hasn't posted in that thread either that I see.. so that's a weird thing to bring up. I think the point is you said Frost will fire/demote Chins if it's the right thing to do, and then say the third option (neither of those) is flat out wrong. That third option seems like the one Frost will take, so it seems like your confidence that Frost will do something with Chinander is misplaced. We'll see down the roadeither way.

• Plus1 1

Wow what? I'm asking an honest question since you have this ultimatum that Frost doesn't care about winning if he doesn't fire Chinander. I'm not sure what the second paragraph has to do with anything, I didn't participate in that thread. I'm going to continue to support our staff and team like I always do. I will trust the process because I understand this situation takes time to fix. I am going to be patient with this staff because thats what I said I would do when I was wanting them to come to Nebraska so badly. We wanted this we should ride it out to the end.

Ultimatum?  You're giving me way too much credit here.  Didn't know I had that much sway in the world of College Football....

Did I miss my elevation to the College Football Playoff Committee?  C'mon, i'm a dude on a message board with an opinion, just like everyone else here.  We both want success for this team.  We just differ on how to get there, that's all.

There's an old saying:

"The road to success is paved with failure." 

It's up to you to remove the potholes and speed bumps along your way.

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Not going through his entire post history, but the guy you're arguing with hasn't posted in that thread either that I see.. so that's a weird thing to bring up. I think the point is you said Frost will fire/demote Chins if it's the right thing to do, and then say the third option (neither of those) is flat out wrong. That third option seems like the one Frost will take, so it seems like your confidence that Frost will do something with Chinander is misplaced. We'll see down the roadeither way.

Yeppers.  I hope I'm wrong in the long run....

• Plus1 1