For Comparison....

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Wow what? I'm asking an honest question since you have this ultimatum that Frost doesn't care about winning if he doesn't fire Chinander. I'm not sure what the second paragraph has to do with anything, I didn't participate in that thread. I'm going to continue to support our staff and team like I always do. I will trust the process because I understand this situation takes time to fix. I am going to be patient with this staff because thats what I said I would do when I was wanting them to come to Nebraska so badly. We wanted this we should ride it out to the end.

Be careful in speaking for all of us, as "WE" all were not 100% wanting this or sold on it.  Typical response to someone sharing an opinion which is not drunk on Kool Aid.  There are a lot of fans/seasons ticket holders/donors saying the same thing as the OP.  But, since it does not paint a great picture of Scotty Frosty, all the sudden it is discounted/trashed.  I can take the blinders off and see that things are far from right.  Seeing how current players families have went off on Twitter during the games, seeing that we have to have group apology sessions, seeing that the performance on the field has went the wrong direction all season (I can go on) says that something is not working and something needs to be changed with the staff, scheme, etc.  Scotty Frosty needs an ego check and needs help.  This is Power 5 football and he and staff have not adjusted for S##T to it from UCF where you had 1 or 2 Power 5 games a year.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Ultimatum? 

39 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Well, then it'd be time to start looking for the next head coach, because it would show that he's just playing lip service when he says he's committed to fixing it. 

This is what I mean. You are saying if Frost doesn't fire Chinander he isn't committed to winning and we should fire him. So after this season you will no longer support Frost as the guy for us? Because no one is getting fired or demoted.

2 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Be careful in speaking for all of us, as "WE" all were not 100% wanting this or sold on it.  Typical response to someone sharing an opinion which is not drunk on Kool Aid.  There are a lot of fans/seasons ticket holders/donors saying the same thing as the OP.  But, since it does not paint a great picture of Scotty Frosty, all the sudden it is discounted/trashed.  I can take the blinders off and see that things are far from right.  Seeing how current players families have went off on Twitter during the games, seeing that we have to have group apology sessions, seeing that the performance on the field has went the wrong direction all season (I can go on) says that something is not working and something needs to be changed with the staff, scheme, etc.  Scotty Frosty needs an ego check and needs help.  This is Power 5 football and he and staff have not adjusted for S##T to it from UCF where you had 1 or 2 Power 5 games a year.

Whether you like it or not this is what Husker Nation wanted. This isn't Mike Riley or Bo Pelini or Bill Callahan. Maybe you didn't want Frost, maybe a few other indidvidual fans didn't want Frost, but Husker Nation wanted Frost and we now need to ride it out because what other option do we have?

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

This is what I mean. You are saying if Frost doesn't fire Chinander he isn't committed to winning and we should fire him. So after this season you will no longer support Frost as the guy for us? Because no one is getting fired or demoted.

Let me put it this way - if the guy doesn't start winning football games soon - especially games he should be winning - I won't need to say another word.  the decision will be made at that point.  I'm just giving a frustrated opinion that this team needs some improvement somewhere, and week after week, we hear the same, "we're gonna get it fixed."

It's like a mechanic working on your car.  He fixes your transmission, you drive off, but your engine is shot now.  He fixes your engine, and now your computer system is shot.  At some point in time, you're taking the car to a different mechanic.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Let me put it this way - if the guy doesn't start winning football games soon - especially games he should be winning - I won't need to say another word.  the decision will be made at that point.  I'm just giving a frustrated opinion that this team needs some improvement somewhere, and week after week, we hear the same, "we're gonna get it fixed."

It's like a mechanic working on your car.  He fixes your transmission, you drive off, but your engine is shot now.  He fixes your engine, and now your computer system is shot.  At some point in time, you're taking the car to a different mechanic.

And what happens when we start winning? I mean this is all so short sighted. We said before he comes here its going to take years to fix then when he is in the middle of fixing it now its not fast enough. I mean seriously, I understand we shouldn't have lost against Purdue, but wasn't some of this expected? Or did we think things would instantly get better?

Realistically we have played well enough we should have won all but 2 of our games this year but we find a way to lose because of us. That tells me we are a work in progress but you can see the end of the tunnel imo. If the offense works like every Frost offense he has been a part of except this one does we win in a blowout Saturday.

In my opinion this offensive season is an outlier for Frost and it has made the defense look worse than it really is. We aren't great on defense, but we were soooooo bad in 2017 and we have been getting better slowly but surely. What else are we supposed to do? 

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

So, you're saying it's the players fault, not the coaches fault, then?

Yes.

20 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

The only person who is going to choose whether Scott Frost leaves Nebraska is Scott Frost himself. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jeremy said:

If I'm a scholarship athlete at the University of Nebraska that played during the '17 season, I'm HELL-BENT on giving everything I have, every minute of every day for the school that's giving me a full ride. I look down at the number on my jersey and realize that a LEGEND wore this number (whatever it is) and I have a tradition to live up to.

I don't loaf in practice, or go through the motions. I push, encourage, and make my teammates better. I do everything the coaches ask of me. I watch film and pay attention during meetings. I figure out my lapses and mistakes and do whatever I can to avoid them in the future. I don't lose my cool and PUNCH AN OPPONENT. 

I make it my goal in life to lead during whatever conditioning drills there are. I put my body on the line if I'm on defense or blocking - there ARE NO BUSINESS DECISIONS.  

In the off-season, I live in the weight room and mold my God-given gifts into weapons for my team. 

I will NEVER be caught on film jogging or half-heartedly pursuing a ball carrier, no matter how far he may be away. 

You're crazy if you think the whole team is bought in like this. It's why we are where we are.

I very clearly stated otherwise. What I stated was if I were not bought in, what my reasoning would be. Obviously someone like you or me who have been fans of the team would be bought into the school, regardless of coach.

1 minute ago, alexhortdog95 said:

No, but maybe you should have.  You place all blame on a group of 18-22 year old kids and zero blame on a 44 year old multi-millionaire?

Please say you're not serious....

In what other avenue of life are 18-22 year olds not held accountable for their actions? Or do you mean to tell me that #21 is taught to play like this, and that his coach should be reprimanded for it:

Of course Frost and his coaches should be held accountable for their actions, but when it's *this* obvious what the biggest issue facing the program as a whole is, you don't fix it by firing a number of coaches; you have patience and trust that the person you hired for the job (and the one that 99.9% of us wanted) can fix it. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

In what other avenue of life are 18-22 year olds not held accountable for their actions? Or do you mean to tell me that #21 is taught to play like this, and that his coach should be reprimanded for it:

Of course Frost and his coaches should be held accountable for their actions, but when it's *this* obvious what the biggest issue facing the program as a whole is, you don't fix it by firing a number of coaches; you have patience and trust that the person you hired for the job (and the one that 99.9% of us wanted) can fix it. 

Okay, I'll give you this play.

But what do you think of it being first and goal, two yard line, and the play calls being:

Shovel pass for no gain.

Sack for 5 yard loss

QB run for 1 yard.

Field Goal.

I thought it was "Whatever it takes to win?"  A shovel pass on the two???

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, alexhortdog95 said:

But what do you think of it being first and goal, two yard line, and the play calls being:

Shovel pass for no gain.

Sack for 5 yard loss

QB run for 1 yard.

Field Goal.

If it works, everyone is talking about how great the playcall is. I agree I would've called it differently, but honestly we don't have the oline to punch it in if defenses are waiting for that. I know that's sad, but it is what it is. The announcers and everyone were freaking out about the genius of Purdue's reverse for a touchdown, that could've easily been snuffed out and they'd be talking about what a dumb call it was. So yeah, I would've called it differently and it's fair to criticize. But we've got to recognize no one would have a problem with it if it had been blocked how it was supposed to be.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Shovel pass for no gain.

Sack for 5 yard loss

QB run for 1 yard.

Field Goal.

I'll go ahead and give my 2 cents worth. I think the play calling on that drive sucked a$$. However, I don't think anyone here is claiming that Frost and staff are perfect and don't screw up. They have screwed up and probably will a few more times since they are still learning. Judging from his comments back in 2018 about year two here, I think Frost miscalculated what it would take to rebuild the program. But, it's hard to get a read on the coaching chops of the staff when they are starting off with players with poor fundamental habits and a mediocre attitude about losing/being great. IMO, some of these players have been playing so long with poor habits, they are damn near uncoachable. I say wait until the end of next year so we can see them coach guys they brought in, and then I think we we start to see if they are getting it done. I'm no expert by any means, but this is JMO....