For Comparison....

5 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

So here's some stats on the defense pulled from Huskers.com

2018: 31.2 ppg, 195.8 rush yds pg, 5.0 yards per rush, 6.7 avg per pass, 12 avg per comp., 237.8  pass yds per game, 433.5 avg yds per game

2019: 29.11 ppg, 173.7 rush yds per game, 4.3 yards per rush, 7.04 avg per pass, 232.33 pass yds per game, 406 avg yards per game.

So for me it appears that statically we are better than last year. Also considering we have been worse on offense.

I wonder how the turnovers and negative plays look. Frankly the defense has improved this year and has consistently put the offense in positions to take control of games, just what this coaching staff wants. They aren't perfect but they have improved. What more can you ask for given the situation?

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I wonder how the turnovers and negative plays look. Frankly the defense has improved this year and has consistently put the offense in positions to take control of games, just what this coaching staff wants. They aren't perfect but they have improved. What more can you ask for given the situation?

I think if the offense was where we thought they would be, we would take these numbers... Unfortunately they aren't and it is what it is.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

I think if the offense was where we thought they would be, we would take these numbers... Unfortunately they aren't and it is what it is.

I agree. They need to get better even if our offense was working like it was supposed to, but they are taking the steps that they need to take along the way.

• Plus1 1

The top Defenses in the country points allowed  are

OSU

Penn St

Iowa

Wisky

This conference  is not an out score them conference.

We are allowing 29.1 a game and 31.3 last year.

Its clear to  see where the problem lies.

If Frost doesn’t make a change at DC he won’t be around in year 5.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The only stat that matters is the one on the scoreboard.  That's what he's paid for. 

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Maized & Confused said:

Can we count the Diaco season? He made Banker look really good and I missed him.

Unfortunately I think we have to. Once you get going on that upward spiral its hard to come down. What Diaco didn't tell us was it was an upward spiral to points allowed.

23 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The one you want to fire has improved us each season he has been here on the scoreboard stat

HUH?!?

2018: 4-8

2019: 4-5 (with Iowa winning the last four, Bucky being 9-4 against Nebraska, and Maryland on the road - 1-8 road record under Frost).

Tell me how on the SCOREBOARD where wins and losses are counted they've gotten better?

1 minute ago, alexhortdog95 said:

HUH?!?

2018: 4-8

2019: 4-5 (with Iowa winning the last four, Bucky being 9-4 against Nebraska, and Maryland on the road - 1-8 road record under Frost).

Tell me how on the SCOREBOARD where wins and losses are counted they've gotten better?

36.4 points allowed in 17

31.3 points allowed in 18 

29.1 points allowed in 19. So on the scoreboard the defense has improved a few points the last 2 seasons.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

36.4 points allowed in 17

31.3 points allowed in 18 

29.1 points allowed in 19. So on the scoreboard the defense has improved a few points the last 2 seasons.

Bill Callahan's teams averaged 30.6 points per game in 2006, and 33.4 points per game in 2007. 

They finished 9-5 in 2006, and 5-7 in 2007, and he was fired.  But boy, did he improve the number of points per game they scored.

Your pointing out the above is what most would call a moral victory.

You do know when the other team scores more points than you, you actually lose a game, right?

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Bill Callahan's teams averaged 30.6 points per game in 2006, and 33.4 points per game in 2007. 

They finished 9-5 in 2006, and 5-7 in 2007, and he was fired.  But boy, did he improve the number of points per game they scored.

Your pointing out the above is what most would call a moral victory.

You do know when the other team scores more points than you, you actually lose a game, right?

Chinander only controls what happens on the defense whereas Bill Callahan was in control of the whole team. What were the defensive numbers like those years under Callahan? I bet the points per game allowed got worse. The offense isn't why Bills team had a worse record in 2007. 

Ppg allowed 2006-19.2

Ppg allowed 2007-37.9

Ppg 2018-28.6

Ppg 2019-26.3

But yea its all the defense and chins fault. Come on man