For Comparison....

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Chinander only controls what happens on the defense whereas Bill Callahan was in control of the whole team. What were the defensive numbers like those years under Callahan? I bet the points per game allowed got worse. The offense isn't why Bills team had a worse record in 2007. 

Ppg allowed 2006-19.2

Ppg allowed 2007-37.9

Ppg 2018-28.6

Ppg 2019-26.3

But yea its all the defense and chins fault. Come on man 

You keep dancing around this with stats.  You can quote stats all you want to, but it doesn't matter.

The stat that keeps a coach employed at a team is WINS vs. LOSSES.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
Just now, alexhortdog95 said:

You keep dancing around this with stats.  You can quote stats all you want to, but it doesn't matter.

The stat that keeps a coach employed at a team is WINS vs. LOSSES.

Lol I was disproving your ridiculous Bill Callahan comparison but whatever man. You can be grumpy in the corner until Frost turns this thing around if you want to. He and his staff will be here regardless of your complaining because luckily our leadership isn't as short sighted as some in our fanbase.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Lol I was disproving your ridiculous Bill Callahan comparison but whatever man. You can be grumpy in the corner until Frost turns this thing around if you want to. He and his staff will be here regardless of your complaining because luckily our leadership isn't as short sighted as some in our fanbase.

I used to be short sighted. Then, I got glasses.  They enable me to see this:

2018:

image.png.e72e4dea9adb0f3613c05d4b4f730e0a.png

2019:

image.png.01ad0df088521ce3e3c8294094b07ef4.png

Now if I carry the one....subtract that.......show my work....

Yeah, looks like they've lost 5 games this year, and won 4 so far.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

I used to be short sighted. Then, I got glasses.  They enable me to see this:

2018:

image.png.e72e4dea9adb0f3613c05d4b4f730e0a.png

2019:

image.png.01ad0df088521ce3e3c8294094b07ef4.png

Now if I carry the one....subtract that.......show my work....

Yeah, looks like they've lost 5 games this year, and won 4 so far.

giphy.gif

Got glasses still don't have vision. It's ok, the people in charge do so you don't have to

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Frost ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Don't like that? Find a new team.

SIGH.

Y'all don't read, do you? 

I said I AM IN WITH FROST for the 112,213,121 time.  But just because you support someone doesn't mean you can't be critical of them.

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Got glasses still don't have vision. It's ok, the people in charge do so you don't have to

I'm not the one equating stats with wins and losses.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

SIGH.

I said I AM IN WITH FROST for the 112,213,121 time.  But just because you support someone doesn't mean you can't be critical of them.

We know what his record is compared with Mr. .500 Mike Rogers Riley. We can count. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans, because these are completely different circumstances. 

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

So here's some stats on the defense pulled from Huskers.com

2018: 31.2 ppg, 195.8 rush yds pg, 5.0 yards per rush, 6.7 avg per pass, 12 avg per comp., 237.8  pass yds per game, 433.5 avg yds per game

2019: 29.11 ppg, 173.7 rush yds per game, 4.3 yards per rush, 7.04 avg per pass, 232.33 pass yds per game, 406 avg yards per game.

So for me it appears that statically we are better than last year. Also considering we have been worse on offense.

it appears to me that the defense sucked both years...  And is only slightly better at not sucking this year

18 hours ago, Jeremy said:

If I'm a scholarship athlete at the University of Nebraska that played during the '17 season, I'm HELL-BENT on giving everything I have, every minute of every day for the school that's giving me a full ride. I look down at the number on my jersey and realize that a LEGEND wore this number (whatever it is) and I have a tradition to live up to.

I don't loaf in practice, or go through the motions. I push, encourage, and make my teammates better. I do everything the coaches ask of me. I watch film and pay attention during meetings. I figure out my lapses and mistakes and do whatever I can to avoid them in the future. I don't lose my cool and PUNCH AN OPPONENT. 

I make it my goal in life to lead during whatever conditioning drills there are. I put my body on the line if I'm on defense or blocking - there ARE NO BUSINESS DECISIONS.  

In the off-season, I live in the weight room and mold my God-given gifts into weapons for my team. 

I will NEVER be caught on film jogging or half-heartedly pursuing a ball carrier, no matter how far he may be away. 

You're crazy if you think the whole team is bought in like this. It's why we are where we are. 

Again buy in has nothing to do with keeping a quarterback in that isn't getting it done.  Not running up the middle on the 1, not going for it on 4th.  Saving your timeouts at the most important part of the game.  Having Johnson burn a game for 1 snap.  Keeping Lamar Jackson on the field while he refuses to play unless the ball is thrown to his guy.   How about he stops pansy footing around press conferences and blaming players.  His actual in game coaching is the reason we lost 3 games this year.   Not to mention he gets out schemed every week.  

• Thanks 2
15 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

SIGH.

Lol no you criticized Frost clearly you want him fired, that's what happens in all these threads.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1