For Comparison....

15 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Lol I was disproving your ridiculous Bill Callahan comparison but whatever man. You can be grumpy in the corner until Frost turns this thing around if you want to. He and his staff will be here regardless of your complaining because luckily our leadership isn't as short sighted as some in our fanbase.

Man it's almost like I heard you say this 5 years ago 

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Man it's almost like I heard you say this 5 years ago 

I was uneducated then. This time is a little different wouldn't you say? People actually wanted Frost here whereas Riley was a mixed reaction at best. The people in charge are all on Frosts team. Don't think I can say that about Riley 

Before Bo was fired I was a casual fan in many senses. Too young to care about the little details, would just watch the game on Saturdays. That coaching search made me a lurker around here and soon after a member. I have learned alot since that time.

• Haha 1

So a year from now, it will be interesting to hear all the Kool Aid drinkers telling us that Scotty Frosty is still doing a good job and we will be a .500 (or worse) team still ?  I'd wager tickets to a game in 2 seasons that we will, at best, be a .500 team.  If Scotty checks his ego and puts on the big boy pants and really wants to be a power 5 head coach, he can do it but up to this point, he has shown he is either too inexperienced or too stubborn to make the tough calls.

• Plus1 4
11 hours ago, krc1995 said:

So what your saying is he loves Chinander more than Nebraska? 

Who said anything in terms of what you've just referenced? Frost believes that he's going to turn this around, and he believes that Chin is the man to do it with. If you want to romanticize it, go ahead, but that's a pretty foolish stance to take, particularly in season 2 and especially when the defense has actually improved this season.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The stat that Chin's BEST road game in 2 years is holding a team to 31 points....that is concerning to say the least. Mark Banker held teams to under 30 points on the road 6x....Chinander 0x

September 22 11:00 a.m. at No. 19 Michigan FS1 L 10–56 111,037

October 6 6:30 p.m. at No. 16 Wisconsin BTN L 24–41 80,051

October 13 11:00 a.m. at Northwestern ABC L 31–34 OT

November 3 11:00 a.m. at No. 8 Ohio State FOX L 31–36

November 23 11:00 a.m. at Iowa FOX L 28–31 65,299

September 7 2:30 PM at Colorado* No. 25 FOX L 31–34 OT 52,829

September 21 7:00 PM at Illinois   BTN W 42–38 44,512

October 12 6:30 PM at Minnesota   FS1 L 7–34 43,502

November 2 11:00 AM at Purdue   FOX L 27–31 50,606
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, 10_point_buck said:

So a year from now, it will be interesting to hear all the Kool Aid drinkers telling us that Scotty Frosty is still doing a good job and we will be a .500 (or worse) team still ?  I'd wager tickets to a game in 2 seasons that we will, at best, be a .500 team.  If Scotty checks his ego and puts on the big boy pants and really wants to be a power 5 head coach, he can do it but up to this point, he has shown he is either too inexperienced or too stubborn to make the tough calls.

Like many, I've been disappointed with the results of Scott Frost's first 1.75 seasons at Nebraska. I'm willing to be critical because I have a lot of time on my hands and it's the internet.  

I honestly don't know how it will shake out from here. 

But every time you call him Scotty Frosty, it's clear that you're rooting against him. 

I hope there aren't a lot of you. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Like many, I've been disappointed with the results of Scott Frost's first 1.75 seasons at Nebraska. I'm willing to be critical because I have a lot of time on my hands and it's the internet.  

I honestly don't know how it will shake out from here. 

But every time you call him Scotty Frosty, it's clear that you're rooting against him. 

I hope there aren't a lot of you. 

My reference to Scotty Frosty is a humorous attempt at trying to take a few notches out of his ego, which is larger than life !  I want him to succeed and I want the program to succeed.  It would be great, that anytime soon, my now 18 and 14 year old kids have any idea what it is like to go into Memorial Stadium with one of the best teams in the country in the scarlet and cream.  

2 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

My reference to Scotty Frosty is a humorous attempt at trying to take a few notches out of his ego, which is larger than life !  I want him to succeed and I want the program to succeed.  It would be great, that anytime soon, my now 18 and 14 year old kids have any idea what it is like to go into Memorial Stadium with one of the best teams in the country in the scarlet and cream.  

7-5 next year and you owe me some tickets

2 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Man you talk such a big game but won't back it up. Sad.

2 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Lol no you criticized Frost clearly you want him fired, that's what happens in all these threads.  

No, YOU say I am saying that.  I know what I'm saying.

Like I said before:  I am in with the guy. 

But we've all heard "we're gonna fix it," and "it's on us," from now FOUR DIFFERENT COACHING STAFFS.

Bill Callahan:

“The bottom line is we need to make tackles. We need to make plays. That’s football and that’s life.  We have got to get better. We have to find a way to get better. It’s frustrating. We found ways to come back in this game and it still slipped away.  I’m taking it one game at a time. We will assess where we are after we watch game film. We are going to keep marching on. We make no excuses, none whatsoever. I take total accountability for what has happened.  We are going to keep working, keep pounding the rock. We are persistent and insistent on our philosophy we have tried to ingrain. We are going to keep pounding the rock."

Bo Pelini:
“Like I said all along, there's character in the room, we have to play smarter. We're not about moral victories. Nebraska never will be as long as I'm head coach. If we start being about moral victories, you need to get a new coach.  (This game) doesn't change what we have to do. We've got to go back to work. I told them one thing; this shows us is the potential we have as a football team. You can't get too high or too low, you've got to just go. This doesn't change what we've got to do tomorrow or the next game. We've got to keep progressing as a football team. You put in the hard work, you practice well, you learn the game plan, you do some things and execute.

Mike Riley:

"When I go to bed tonight, I'll be hoping for that, because I would love to do this. I truly believe I'm exactly the right person to do this. The football parts, I've been doing it so long, we know how to fix, and we also are doing a good job recruiting."

Scott Frost:

"We had a long talk just that we all need to get better: coaches, players, everybody needs to get better," Frost said. "You know, the thing that I know how to do as a coach to keep moving it forward is just work harder. Keep practicing harder, keep trying to get guys better. And I told them that I think the last two games are games that we easily could have won, and we didn't for a lot of reasons and  there's stuff we can all do better. And the guys are hurting right now."

Don't know about you, but after you've heard the same thing over and over and over for over 15 years now....you get kinda tired of it.

Don't give me coach speak.  Give me results.  If you're willing to do what it takes to win, show me.  Because there have been two football coaches fired for on the field performance (Banker and Bohl), as far as I know.  Your commitment to win shows when you show me you don't practice nepotism (like the majority of the coaching ranks at the pro and college levels do).

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1