2019 College Football Playoff Rankings

Mavric

On 11/5/2019 at 11:34 PM, ActualCornHusker said:

I really hope LSU wins this weekend. If not, it will be pretty inevitable the SEC will get 2 teams in once again...

Not sure if I agree with that or believe that LSU winning is the best thing that could happen for the SEC to get two teams. Alabama's road to the playoff might have just gotten much easier. They get more benefit of the doubt than anybody, and they also get to rest during championship weekend.

5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Not sure if I agree with that or believe that LSU winning is the best thing that could happen for the SEC to get two teams. Alabama's road to the playoff might have just gotten much easier. They get more benefit of the doubt than anybody, and they also get to rest during championship weekend.

Agree. No way they keep Bama out unless they lose again.

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

4 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

Agree. No way they keep Bama out unless they lose again.

Bama has zero quality wins and a paddycake non-con schedule. Oregon, Oklahoma, Baylor, Minnesota (ugh), and Utah should all get in above Bama if they win out. A 1-loss conference champ should get precedence over a 1-loss team that won't even play in their CCG, will have only 1 quality win (assuming they beat Auburn), and has to play 1 less conference game in the regular season. 

LSU on the other hand played Texas in non-con, and had a couple quality wins already. Had they lost, I'd have a hard time saying the same given their body of work. 

5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Bama has zero quality wins and a paddycake non-con schedule. Oregon, Oklahoma, Baylor, Minnesota (ugh), and Utah should all get in above Bama if they win out. A 1-loss conference champ should get precedence over a 1-loss team that won't even play in their CCG, will have only 1 quality win (assuming they beat Auburn), and has to play 1 less conference game in the regular season. 

LSU on the other hand played Texas in non-con, and had a couple quality wins already. Had they lost, I'd have a hard time saying the same given their body of work. 

I agree with you, but it's Alabama we're talking about. They have that auto-qualifier thing the committee has given them. :) 

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

I would like to say I am shocked Alabama is still ranked 5th, but the SEC bias lives on. A few key points:

1. Alabama has one quality win over a top 25 team this season over a 6-3 team that is ranked 24th.  Alabama lost a game that was not quite as close as the final score suggested at home.

2. Penn State has beaten Pitt, Iowa and Michigan...all above .500 P5 teams. PSU also lost a close game on the road in a hostile environment to an undefeated team.

3. Minnesota has one quality win over a top 5 team this season and remains undefeated.  Minnesotas quality win is greater than Alabamas AND they are still ubdefeated. 

Minnesota should be ranked ahead of both PSU and Bama...and PSU should be ahead of Bama. 

• Plus1 2