Breaking!! Frost to Florida St.

Not really, but, who panicked, who celebrated when reading the title though? 

Thought this might put things into perspective and be a bit of a reality check to those calling for heads. The year might not have gone how we wanted/ expected, but Frost is our guy and we are lucky to have him. 

He'll have opportunities this year and every year. We need him to stick around and build continuity on the coaching staff. Him leaving would set us back another decade or more. So let's all take a chill and let him get the straightened out. 

There is no guarantee he stays, then where would we be? 

Ps. Apologies for any blood pressure spikes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

“...who panicked, who celebrated when reading the title?”

The Hollywood ending to the story is of course that Frost turns things around in Lincoln and becomes a legendary Husker head coach like the other two already on Nebraska’s Mount Rushmore.

A problem is that Hollywood endings are written by fiction writers. Reality is much more harsh, as the Coach and team is experiencing now. If there isn’t some tangible sign of a turnaround soon, it’s doubtful that Frost stays the full contract term. They could work something out that is “mutually agreeable” and is in “the best interests of the Program”, or some other such lawyer-speak.

There just might be too much pressure on Frost to succeed in original home turf. Husker fans are too hungry right now to have patience to let things build slowly, and Frost is visibly frustrated. And we don’t know what conversations are going on in the big offices around campus that move all the pieces around.

Sometimes things are meant to work out and sometimes not. It would be great to see him get it done for the Big Red and have that Hollywood ending. But that might not be in the cards.

For his sake and that of his family, I hope that Frost doesn’t take things too hard or personally and both he and the Huskers find that happy ending with or without each other.

• Plus1 1

I knew it was another garbage "look everyone, how funny I think I am" posts.

If it was real I would be pretty concerned at the future state of the program that a guy with major connections was giving up this fast. I dont want Frost to leave. 

Has he been underwhelming as a coach, yes... I also think it is super stupid to place bets on less than two years. 

The writing was on the walls with Mike Riley.. He had very little success across the board. Frost has some proven success.

I am 100% frustrated with where things are at, but I also know that firing frost or hoping he would move on sets us WAY further back. 

• Plus1 3
14 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Not really, but, who panicked, who celebrated when reading the title though? 

Thought this might put things into perspective and be a bit of a reality check to those calling for heads. The year might not have gone how we wanted/ expected, but Frost is our guy and we are lucky to have him. 

He'll have opportunities this year and every year. We need him to stick around and build continuity on the coaching staff. Him leaving would set us back another decade or more. So let's all take a chill and let him get the straightened out. 

There is no guarantee he stays, then where would we be? 

Ps. Apologies for any blood pressure spikes. 

Image result for billy madison idiotic

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I can see it now. 

Saban to Florida State..

Belicheck to Alabama.

Coach K to the Patriots

And Fred Hoiberg to Duke...

Scott Frost then takes over the Basketball team as the new head coach and we bring back Pelini to coach football.

1+1 y'all.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 3