Breaking!! Frost to Florida St.

3 hours ago, Roundball Shaman said:

“...who panicked, who celebrated when reading the title?”

The Hollywood ending to the story is of course that Frost turns things around in Lincoln and becomes a legendary Husker head coach like the other two already on Nebraska’s Mount Rushmore.

A problem is that Hollywood endings are written by fiction writers. Reality is much more harsh, as the Coach and team is experiencing now. If there isn’t some tangible sign of a turnaround soon, it’s doubtful that Frost stays the full contract term. They could work something out that is “mutually agreeable” and is in “the best interests of the Program”, or some other such lawyer-speak.

There just might be too much pressure on Frost to succeed in original home turf. Husker fans are too hungry right now to have patience to let things build slowly, and Frost is visibly frustrated. And we don’t know what conversations are going on in the big offices around campus that move all the pieces around.

Sometimes things are meant to work out and sometimes not. It would be great to see him get it done for the Big Red and have that Hollywood ending. But that might not be in the cards.

For his sake and that of his family, I hope that Frost doesn’t take things too hard or personally and both he and the Huskers find that happy ending with or without each other.

This post reads like the football version of the Notebook..

confused ryan gosling GIF

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Roundball Shaman said:

“...who panicked, who celebrated when reading the title?”

The Hollywood ending to the story is of course that Frost turns things around in Lincoln and becomes a legendary Husker head coach like the other two already on Nebraska’s Mount Rushmore.

A problem is that Hollywood endings are written by fiction writers. Reality is much more harsh, as the Coach and team is experiencing now. If there isn’t some tangible sign of a turnaround soon, it’s doubtful that Frost stays the full contract term. They could work something out that is “mutually agreeable” and is in “the best interests of the Program”, or some other such lawyer-speak.

There just might be too much pressure on Frost to succeed in original home turf. Husker fans are too hungry right now to have patience to let things build slowly, and Frost is visibly frustrated. And we don’t know what conversations are going on in the big offices around campus that move all the pieces around.

Sometimes things are meant to work out and sometimes not. It would be great to see him get it done for the Big Red and have that Hollywood ending. But that might not be in the cards.

For his sake and that of his family, I hope that Frost doesn’t take things too hard or personally and both he and the Huskers find that happy ending with or without each other.

I like your post.  I think most of us know that Frost is our best bet.  Yes, as most things in life, its a bet...no guarentees, as we dont control the world...that belongs to Jesus, im not sure he cares who is great in ncaa football though, maybe theres a bigger reason behind who is good and who struggles...   

I personally believe that Frost will EVENTUALLY do better than anyone else would.  It may be a long time, but ill tell u this, if we were to lose him, even if we landed a coach who improved us, he would likely be gone soon, and we would be back to suckage sooner than later.  

To sum it up.   Frost is our best bet.  He is still learning, and will get better.  Any other good coach will leave once he has any success here.  If Pelini put is in a couple BCS bowls, he would have left for an Ohio State or Florida State, and we would be back to where we have been....looking for a good coach.  Frost is the only one who would actually stay, giving us our only chance at another 20 year span ala Devaney or Osborne.  

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going. Who put this crap out there?? 

Some of you really can't take a joke by the way. 

My biggest fear is that Frost is our Kliff Kingsbury instead of our Kiby Smart. Heck I'd even take a Pat Fitzgerald or Mike Gundy at this point. 

Jokes are funny.  Your post sucks, ergo not funny.

Fin.

• Thanks 3