This ought to rile up the anti-Dirk crowd:

Cdog923

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wow, 3,500 words on Dirk Chatelain.

Wondering if it's not this guy.

https://twitter.com/RedCladLoon

I saw the name attached, and that checks out. Could be a different guy with the same name, though. The Loon has been quite disillusioned with most Husker athletics for a while, not that I blame him. Dirk was obnoxious with Bo, though; everyone can agree on that.

I don’t really care for dirk as I don’t think he’s all that great a writer but writes hella clickbait for headlines and summaries.  That being said, I’ve seen over the past few days comparisons to SF to bo or wondering the great things that could be if he’d just return as def coordinator.

all I got to say is time must make the heart grow fonder.  Bos def was great with Callahan recruits bit as he got “his” players in his defense was simply avg to below.  Don’t recall the exact stats but the majority of defensive meltdowns came under his tenure as a defensive genius.  Let’s forget all the blowouts to oh st, Michigan, and Wisconsin.  Yr after yr he was closer to 7 wins than he was to 10 or 11.  I’m convinced with no superstar returning in ‘14 his magical run of 9 wins each yr was coming an end.  Bo has as much to do with the current state of athleticism on the football team as does MR.  

you all all want a guy that has just been rumored to get canned at YSU, a more fitting level for him, to come back to NU.  No thank you.  Our def is doing just fine allowing major rushing yds without allowing that clown back.  Bo is and always will be a below avg HC, avg dc, and above position coach.  All that with an ego and attitude I wouldn’t want my worst enemy around.

• Plus1 3

10-2 looks pretty good right now....come to think of it, always has....minus our gold strike in the 90s.  If i was Bo, i probably would have reacted similarly.  Dirk, Eichorst, and Pearlman were douches, and treated Bo unfairly.  I think any true Husker would enjoy a tussle with Eichorst and Pearlman.  2 of the purest forms of douché.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1