Husker Football 2020

Redux

22 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Frost will be here until he chooses to leave. 

I agree and there's no way he doesn't see the new facilities at a minimum. If 2020 turned into another mess I think he'd be under pressure to make some pretty significant staffing changes, but I doubt he'd be fired. I'm also not as pessimistic as everyone in here and think we'll see improvement yet this year and next for sure. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I know I drink way too much kool-aid, but yall are depressing. Year 3 revealed the problems Riley created. I believe year 3 will finally show the progress Frost has made. 

Don’t get me wrong, I so hope you are right. But I thought we’d see at least some of that progress in year 2 and what we got instead was across the board regression. I’m done playing the fool. I’ll believe it when it happens. Until then I guess I’ll be depressing.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

IF Frost was to be shown the door, it would really suck seeing him succeed at a different school AGAIN.  Someone would scoop him up and I bet we'd all be wishing we had him back.

If Frost is shown the door (and it probably wouldn't happen until year 4 at the earliest), then I'm going to go on record to petition for Moos to place a phone call to Pullman, Washington.

Frost will see seven years. But saying "he'll leave when he wants to" is probably only true if we become a perpetual conference doormat and the state's level of interest in Husker football goes down drastically. 

The idea that some connection to the past or some flash in the pan level of success at UCF for Frost would hold some kind of indefinite merit if the program stays in the dumper doesn't seem rational at all.

But like, at that point, who would really care?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

40 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

If Frost is shown the door (and it probably wouldn't happen until year 4 at the earliest), then I'm going to go on record to petition for Moos to place a phone call to Pullman, Washington.

That phone call might have to be placed to Tallahassee, Florida. 

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Ummm.  Yes.  It's pretty common.  In fact, it's exactly what happened to Riley.  

I understand what you're saying,  and normally it is common,  but this isn't a normal situation.  Frost will have an extra long leash for 1. Being who he is and 2. The recent history of NU firing coaches and only making things worse.  The candidate pool is shrinking each time.

• Fire 1