Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

18 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Aho commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO DE Junior Aho
  • Mavric unpinned this topic
5 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Tough break for the guy if he gets forced out. If he was was this far down their board they shouldn't have let him commit that early. On the bright side with 2 signing days now be has time to find a new school.

At the time Hodge and Aho were takes. Things changed fast. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

Thank God for that. I wish those 2 guys the best, but letting them go to get Greene and Butler is a good move on our part.

That’s the difference between being below average to a good defense. We don’t need a great defense if our offense plays like they are capable of. Just need some big plays to flip the field and not allow too many points. 

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

"You can commit but I can't guarantee you will be able to sign" happens more than people think. Most times the staff tells them to hold off on announcing 

I'm glad to hear this. I feel bad when this happens but as long as things are honest up front then it is what it is.

Just now, Jason Sitoke said:

I don’t think that was a real quote. But as long as you’re feeling better.  

I realize that's not a real quote. I'm not a Fox News viewer.

In the years I have been here Big Ern does seem to be closer to the program, especially recruiting, than a lot of people. I also realize crootin' is a dirt game but I think this staff is operating from a level of honesty that would make his anecdote plausible.

Maybe they let the kid sign and then ghosted him.

My concern would be that one of the consistent messages this staff gives kids is that they will stick with the kid if the kids sticks with them.  It's what has helped them hold onto kids when you see other programs have kids flipping left and right.  If Aho announced before the staff okayed the announcement, then that's on the kid.  But it's a bad precedent to set to have them commit to a kid and then back off.  The biggest thing you hear from prospects is that this staff is up-front and honest.  Pulling offers after announcing is the opposite of that.

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

"You can commit but I can't guarantee you will be able to sign" happens more than people think. Most times the staff tells them to hold off on announcing 

Non-commitable offers are a big big thing.  A lot of times they will use the old "Well, we can't accept your commitment until you visit the campus" bit.