Nebraska will beat Maryland and Iowa in '19

BoNeyard

Just now, SFW said:

Why not include Wisconsin in your kool-aid dream?

3-0 baby!

Let's slow it down a bit and not get ahead of ourselves. I fully expect Wisconsin to do whatever they want with us.

But Maryland is winnable. Iowa comes and with a potential bowl eligibility on the line, Iowa overlooks us, we get a little creative and play the underdog role impressively and knock of the Hawkeyes.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Let's slow it down a bit and not get ahead of ourselves. I fully expect Wisconsin to do whatever they want with us.

But Maryland is winnable. Iowa comes and with a potential bowl eligibility on the line, Iowa overlooks us, we get a little creative and play the underdog role impressively and knock of the Hawkeyes.nice if your right.  

I don’t know beating Maryland and or Iowa seems as likely as beating Wisconsin.

5 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

But Maryland is winnable. Iowa comes and with a potential bowl eligibility on the line, Iowa overlooks us, we get a little creative and play the underdog role impressively and knock of the Hawkeyes.

And then during the off-season, we can all talk about how we’ll win 10 games next year. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

Maryland is very winnable and we're definitely due to come out with a W in one of these type games. Iowa is beatable in Lincoln if we get our act together, they don't have much of an offense. On D we need to be going with a 4-man front starting with the Wiscy game. Three on five against the Iowa/Wiscy O-lines is a recipe for getting busted in the mouth with our crappy LB play. On O I actually think we're close. Some crappy passes and playcalls kept us from absolutely lighting up Purdue. I think we have a big offensive performance in us this year, would be great to shut Iowa up with one. 

I keep waiting for the switch to flip and for this team to play a complete game to their potential. We've seen the offense have moments and the defense have its moments, but they just never align. I hope it happens next weekend and we can go 3-0 to finish the season, but I'd be thrilled with 2-1 and a bowl game too. 

It doesn't feel like it, but I think it's closer than it seems. For example, if you go back and watch the Indiana game, we played extremely clean and had them down 14-3 in the 1st quarter. If the defense holds to a FG at a minimum on the next drive and the offense scores again it's 21-3 and probably the game. Instead our defense gives up a TD then the offense drives down and fumbles which turns into another immediate TD and we're down 16-14. The team immediately compounds it with a false start and an illegal procedure penalty that kills the drive. Then we miss a chip shot FG and we're in a dog fight with constant mistakes and we lose at home.  

If these guys dig deep and play clean football I honestly believe they can beat Maryland and Iowa and at least keep it close at home against Wisconsin. In his presser this week Frost said "we've got to put it all together. When this thing turns, it's really going to turn. We've got to play a more complete game as a team." I honestly think he's right that this team could make a sudden and drastic turn in their play. Will it happen next week or even this season? I don't know, but I think it's closer than a lot of people believe. 

Now I'll take my koolaid and go to bed. 

• Plus1 1

I really want to believe you, but then Martinez takes the snap, a linebacker is immediately in the back field, he then rolls to the right with his eyes only focusing on Robinson out of the backfield, he then awkwardly scrambles back to the left, then looses 2 yards.  2nd down and 12, I then look at the floor and yell, WHAT THE f#&%, and it proceeds that way for the next few hours.  

• Haha 5