Nebraska will beat Maryland and Iowa in '19

BoNeyard

If this team ever plays 4 quarters of consistent football in all three aspects of the game, I think it would be the first time this season.  

That being said, if they do that, they could potentially win both of those games.  Will they?  So far they haven't shown that they can put that kind of a game together so if I'm a betting man...

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Iowa is going to kick our butts which really sucks living in Iowa.  The local media really loves Nebraska's struggles.  One station did a poll this week on which was more of a train wreck, Nebraska football or Nebraska basketball. 

Iowa fans are more obsessed with Nebraska than the average fan is with their own team

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Iowa is going to kick our butts which really sucks living in Iowa.  The local media really loves Nebraska's struggles.  One station did a poll this week on which was more of a train wreck, Nebraska football or Nebraska basketball. 

Iowa fans need a history lesson. Kirk won 3 conf games his first 2 years at Iowa. Fran was 11-20 his first year, won 4 conf games and lost by double digits his first game to South Dakota St. I don’t expect them to know that, because they’re always peering across the urinal at us. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Iowa fans need a history lesson. Kirk won 3 conf games his first 2 years at Iowa. Fran was 11-20 his first year, won 4 conf games and lost by double digits his first game to South Dakota St. I don’t expect them to know that, because they’re always peering across the urinal at us. 

peering or peeing?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, CAHusker said:

I really want to believe you, but then Martinez takes the snap, a linebacker is immediately in the back field, he then rolls to the right with his eyes only focusing on Robinson out of the backfield, he then awkwardly scrambles back to the left, then looses 2 yards.  2nd down and 12, I then look at the floor and yell, WHAT THE f#&%, and it proceeds that way for the next few hours.  

Reality can be funny and sad at the same time. 

Then along comes hope.  (rummaging through sensibilities... I know it's in here somewhere....)

There is a good chance that we can beat Maryland but that is where our luck ends. Iowa played Wisconsin very close at Wisconsin. I already made my peace with the fact that both Iowa and Wisconsin are going to clobber us in our own backyard. Iowa limited Jonathan Taylor to 88 yards today. He will have 300 yards against our defense since chin can’t come up with a game plan to save his life. Iowa’s Stanley will look like Aaron Rogers when they roll into town. This team has no pride, no confidence, no heart, and no fight left in them. They do not deserve the loyalty of husker nation even though we will continue to support them till the end. If Frost does not figure things soon, next year will be a living nightmare again. 

This season seems like we are in bizarro world. Illinois is bowl eligible, Indiana is bowl eligible, and 2-6 Purdue a couple of weeks ago might also make a bowl before us. Can we fall any lower? Is there an end to our free fall? May be next year...

3 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

There is a good chance that we can beat Maryland but that is where our luck ends. Iowa played Wisconsin very close at Wisconsin. I already made my peace with the fact that both Iowa and Wisconsin are going to clobber us in our own backyard. Iowa limited Jonathan Taylor to 88 yards today. He will have 300 yards against our defense since chin can’t come up with a game plan to save his life. Iowa’s Stanley will look like Aaron Rogers when they roll into town. This team has no pride, no confidence, no heart, and no fight left in them. They do not deserve the loyalty of husker nation even though we will continue to support them till the end. If Frost does not figure things soon, next year will be a living nightmare again. 

This season seems like we are in bizarro world. Illinois is bowl eligible, Indiana is bowl eligible, and 2-6 Purdue a couple of weeks ago might also make a bowl before us. Can we fall any lower? Is there an end to our free fall? May be next year...

Taylor got 250 against Iowa.  He'll probably at least have that against us unless he is pulled before the 4th quarter since they are up by so much.

Illinois getting to a bowl game shows what happens when you handle adversity properly like losing to a poor teams like Nebraska.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Do we forget that maryland was straight up murdering there oponents at the beginning of the season.  Both NW and Purdue were going to be easy wins as well.  This team is way to inconsistent for that.  Unless they beat wisconson i have a feeling they will spiral out of control and lose the last 3.  Ive seen it to many times over the last 5 years.  You think going bowling would be enough.

• Plus1 1