Nebraska will beat Maryland and Iowa in '19

BoNeyard

I stated when there were five games left, the only other game they would win was against Maryland. It will be close, but I think they do pull it off. 

I don't see them beating Wisconsin or Iowa. You have no idea how I would love to be wrong though. This team needs the extra practices, especially considering the amount of young players. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I don't really want to imagine more NCAA records being set against us, no. Haha.

You need LBs to stop a great running back.....  this could be really bad.  Hoping for the best but would be surprised if its close.  Its very possible that Taylor sets a record by the end of the 3rd.

The key to beating Wisconsin is stopping their offense. Their defense just isn't as good when they are on the field a lot. Their whole game plan is to drive down the field, chew up clock, and score. Then the defense goes out for three to six plays, force a punt, and repeat. Pretty obvious, I know. 

That being said, I don't see Nebraska's defense being consistent enough to even come close to being able to slow JT and the Badger offense down. I will stress again, I will be super happy if I'm wrong. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah, the key to beating Wisconsin is the defense performing. The key to beating Iowa is the offense performing. Despite my belief that Chinander does have the defense improving and the weird struggles of the offense, I have much more faith in the offense showing up.

Wouldn't it be freakin crazy if all three phases showed up for a game? I wonder what that would even look like. I would take an early Christmas miracle

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Igetbored216 said:

Wouldn't it be freakin crazy if all three phases showed up for a game? I wonder what that would even look like. I would take an early Christmas miracle

It would be the most Nebraska football thing ever if we did that and ended up beating Wiscy or Iowa, leaving us all shaking our heads wondering where the ef that was the rest of the season.

• Haha 1