JUCO ILB Jamoi Hodge [TCU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hodge commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, flatwaterfan said:

Needed pickup.   Juco's take less time to develop so really helps shore up the depth in the ILB room. 

Hodge should step in and be part of the ILB rotation next year.  Plus, he's good insurance if Henrich has one of those careers where he is always fighting an injury.

I am super high on Henrich, and this is my own speculation, but he could be a guy who is always trying to recover from some type of injury.  Henrich hurt his knee his senior year at Burke, injured his shoulder early in Spring camp, and then got injured again in his first game action against Wisconsin.

18 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Hodge should step in and be part of the ILB rotation next year.  Plus, he's good insurance if Henrich has one of those careers where he is always fighting an injury.

I am super high on Henrich, and this is my own speculation, but he could be a guy who is always trying to recover from some type of injury.  Henrich hurt his knee his senior year at Burke, injured his shoulder early in Spring camp, and then got injured again in his first game action against Wisconsin.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Hodge be a 4 game redshirt. He will be behind Miller, Honas, Reimer, Henrich and Hannah is a wildcard. As you mentioned, injuries can change things. 

1 hour ago, WVhuskerXX said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Hodge be a 4 game redshirt. He will be behind Miller, Honas, Reimer, Henrich and Hannah is a wildcard. As you mentioned, injuries can change things. 

Honestly I would put Hodge on the same level as Henrich with Reiner and Hannah behind the top 4. Coaches don’t typically bring in JUCO’s unless they are expected to play right away, especially at a position needing depth.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Honestly I would put Hodge on the same level as Henrich with Reiner and Hannah behind the top 4. Coaches don’t typically bring in JUCO’s unless they are expected to play right away, especially at a position needing depth.  Also, does he have a redshirt season available? I saw on OWH that he has 3 years of eligibility, but is he a 3 for 3 guy, or 4 for 3 guy?

Not sure I can put a JUCO with his offer list on the same level as a national recruit like Henrich.  

Honas was much more coveted than Hodge and look how long it took him to adjust.  

7 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

Not sure I can put a JUCO with his offer list on the same level as a national recruit like Henrich.  

Honas was much more coveted than Hodge and look how long it took him to adjust.  

Honas also suffered a major knee injury in 2018, just as he was starting to figure things out. Although it could be a blessing if he has a standout 2020 season.

My “same level as Henrich” comment was based around, starters - Honas and Miller, 2nd string - Hodge and Henrich, 3rd string - Hannah and Reimer.

Also, I’m a huge Henrich fan, as he graduated from my high school alma mater. However, none of those offers out of high school mean anything if he can’t stay healthy. He has gone thru injury issues the past 14 months. 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Honas also suffered a major knee injury in 2018, just as he was starting to figure things out. Although it could be a blessing if he has a standout 2020 season.

My “same level as Henrich” comment was based around, starters - Honas and Miller, 2nd string - Hodge and Henrich, 3rd string - Hannah and Reimer. 

1. That’s a very subjective statement 
2. If he is 2nd string that will be good for the team because he will have beat out good players 

agree 100% about it benefiting Honas for 2020

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Also, I’m a huge Henrich fan, as he graduated from my high school alma mater. However, none of those offers out of high school mean anything if he can’t stay healthy. He has gone thru injury issues the past 14 months. 

No doubt. We definitely need him to stay healthy. He has the talent we haven’t had a ILB in a long time. 

Just now, WVhuskerXX said:

No doubt. We definitely need him to stay healthy. He has the talent we haven’t had a ILB in a long time. 

Henrich is definitely great talent which we need.  Hopefully his injury issues are something he will be able to move on from.

Regarding Hodge, he is coming in basically at the same size as Reimer and Hannah, but all 3 of them could use to put on about 20 lbs over the offseason. 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Henrich is definitely great talent which we need.  Hopefully his injury issues are something he will be able to move on from.

Regarding Hodge, he is coming in basically at the same size as Reimer and Hannah, but all 3 of them could use to put on about 20 lbs over the offseason. 

Agree. Hannah maybe more. I can’t get over how slight his looks on the sidelines.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO ILB Jamoi Hodge [TCU - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic