JUCO ILB Jamoi Hodge [TCU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hodge commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, dubsker said:

No judgement here on anyone.  I think we just have to wait and see what happens in the next two weeks.  This has been an interesting recruiting cycle.

Good luck Jamoi.

The most uncomfortable thing about this - is that you could go a million ways with this:

A.  Found out he's not going to be academically eligible, and there was just no way forward.

B.  He got himself into a patch of trouble we just don't know about.

C.  School soured on him for whatever reason.

D.  He wanted something that the school wasn't willing to offer him.

E.  He heard what Coach Frost said after the game on Friday, and one of those "Weak Confidence Leftovers" put a bug into his ear about not coming.

None of them are good reasons.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I’m going to assume he thought his offer was committable when it wasn’t really. Would be pretty nasty to accept his commitment so late in the game and then turn him away just a little later.

His recruitment was funny from the get go.

He most definitely had a committable offer when he committed two weeks ago. 

Coaches tweeted about him specifically, excited, when he announced. 

Something changed. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, STL Husker said:

Maybe we were as committed as he was.  If he was going to look at other schools while committed then we were going to look at other LB's.  There's not much room to be upset when you were treating someone the same way they were treating you.

Think there's a lot of truth to this.  My guess is we just found someone better.

• Plus1 1

He did visit SMU after he committed.  I would assume the minute you visit another school then it would be free game to keep recruiting your spot.  Some prospects are good enough that you would save the spot for them, some are not. Not sure what happened but it does seem like we are gaining some momentum with some quality prospects.  If he is that upset about losing his offer, then he shouldn't have taken that trip to Dallas.  

• Plus1 2
49 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Think there's a lot of truth to this.  My guess is we just found someone better.

We better hope because a JUCO with 4 for 3 eligibility and is immediately able to contribute is damn hard to pass up especially with how poor our ILB play is 

• Plus1 8
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO ILB Jamoi Hodge [TCU - Signed LOI]