Chase Young Suspended

Mavric

54 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

When I hear "family friend," I don't think of someone you've coincidentally only known since you were about to sign with a big time program as a 5 star recruit. Could be legit, but the specific timing of how long the family friend has been a family friend is pretty sketch.

Especially when it's a family friend he got the summer before his freshman year.  Had he just left it at family friend it may have been less obvious, but the summer before you start at OSU you get a loan from someone you basically just met?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

When I hear "family friend," I don't think of someone you've coincidentally only known since you were about to sign with a big time program as a 5 star recruit. Could be legit, but the specific timing of how long the family friend has been a family friend is pretty sketch.

18 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Especially when it's a family friend he got the summer before his freshman year.  Had he just left it at family friend it may have been less obvious, but the summer before you start at OSU you get a loan from someone you basically just met?

And how many friends of the family, or outright family members for that matter, have any of us considered giving a “loan” to their HS or college age kid? Are there lots of people in the habit of giving loans to friends? Seems like a desperate excuse to explain something that shouldn’t have been offered or accepted. Oh well, I’m sure tOSU has plenty of 4* and 5* players to replace him and he’ll be okay with his pro career.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

And how many friends of the family, or outright family members for that matter, have any of us considered giving a “loan” to their HS or college age kid? Are there lots of people in the habit of giving loans to friends? Seems like a desperate excuse to explain something that shouldn’t have been offered or accepted. Oh well, I’m sure tOSU has plenty of 4* and 5* players to replace him and he’ll be okay with his pro career.

Yeah, the explanation seems more like a need to come up with some excuse and not well thought out in my opinion.  I don't know if he got his hand caught in the cookie jar, but the explanation is questionable at best.

9 minutes ago, QMany said:

1-2 games would be Maryland and Rutgers. That seems ... convenient. 

They were worried they wouldn't have him earlier in the year against Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, Indiana...etc. so they waited to suspend him until later in the year with the possibility of missing more than the next two games. Seems logical, but I understand your thought process.