Fan Buy In

I do think the three games back to back to back with Minnesota, Indiana and Purdue make it hard to stay engaged this year. We should have at least won two of those games. And, had we done that, we would be improving upon a bowl qualifying record of 6-3 and eyeing 8-4 or at least 7-5. The losses mean we have to beat either Wisconsin or Iowa just to go bowling and, as we know, the feel of 4-8 is real.

How can you be looking forward to that? I am glad it's a bye week. Looking forward to watching college ball without having to worry what's going to happen in Memorial Stadium this Saturday.

• Plus1 3

The positivity in those poll results is a little surprising tbh. I’m pretty solidly checked out for 2019 and I can’t understand 14% being pretty positive or even 40% frustrated but engaged. I guess that’s how the sellout streak has been maintained for the last 18 years.  Just wish some of those delusional fans were standing in line to buy my Wisconsin tickets which I had to give away for free. Apparently they’re positive and engaged but unwilling to go see the massacre in person.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

The positivity in those poll results is a little surprising tbh. I’m pretty solidly checked out for 2019 and I can’t understand 14% being pretty positive or even 40% frustrated but engaged. I guess that’s how the sellout streak has been maintained for the last 18 years.  Just wish some of those delusional fans were standing in line to buy my Wisconsin tickets which I had to give away for free. Apparently they’re positive and engaged but unwilling to go see the massacre in person.

I’ve checked out too. Not watching another game year too stressful and embarrassing. I’m currently counting down the days till the 2020 season kicks off if that counts

So, bottom line is... Basically engaged, 56%. A little over half Husker fans. Checking Out, 44%, or a little less than half Husker fans. Sounds about right for a team with 4 wins, none of which were over a really good opponent.

It all depends on one’s level of pain absorption. Some people handle pain better than others, so there’s no moral judgment in any of this.

But remember... for a true Husker fan, a bad Husker team is still always of better value to them than a really good Ohio State or Oklahoma or Alabama team. It’s like that old thing about a bad day fishing is always better than your best day working.

It’s always more fun to win. But it can also be fun to watch how freaked out people can get when their beloved team is losing. Take a look at Chicago Bear and Cleveland Browns fans right now.

28 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

I’ve checked out too. Not watching another game year too stressful and embarrassing. I’m currently counting down the days till the 2020 season kicks off if that counts

Oh I’ll watch the remaining games. I don’t know how not to. But I’m not looking forward to them or expecting to see anything good. It’s not even the lack of wins that bothers me but rather the ineptitude and regression. There just really haven’t been any bright spots to this season....maybe JoJo and Wan’dale, but I’m afraid he’s going to get seriously killed running between the tackles one of these times.

• Plus1 1