We can't, but Oregon State can?

tmfr15

19 hours ago, LaunchCode said:

Oregon State in total offense ranked dead last in Pacific 12 prior to Smith arriving.  Two seasons later they're 4th in conference in total offense and scoring offense.  We've dropped from 7th in Riley's last lame duck season to 9th two years later in scoring offense.  Personally I would like to see where our offense would be right now under Riley and with all the players that he recruited.

Gary Anderson left Oregon state near the bottom of nearly every statistical category.  So how has Smith turned them around so quickly?  Why are they scoring so many points and winning on the road?  They won at cu last year, we couldn't beat cu at home last year or on the road this year after they entirely changed staffs and systems.  I still think had we supported MR we would be in a much stronger place right now.  But we didn't, so instead of complaining about coaching in a last minute road WIN at Purdue, we're defending choaching in a loss to Purdue.  

Holy s#!t. 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, milehighbob said:

Dog your high. Under Riley the team didn’t even lift. Remember when Frost’s workout sent that Tyjon lindsay kid to the hospital? 

Uh huh, nobody lifted weights.  Just another BS excuse.  Football players lift weights.  It's what they do.  No football coach alive would be okay with his team not lifting weights.  If you truly believe that, then you've had too much Kool Aid.

13 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Diaco was obviously a mess, but Riley's offense was 84th in the nation in 2017. In 2016 it was 79th, in 2015 it was 44th and the year before he came it was 12th. 

It's not like things were even remotely trending in the right direction or building towards something. His offense got worse the more of his players he got. 

He was only there for three years.  A patch work class after Pelini left and two of his own.  How many of his guys do you think he really had?  Why is it that the people who are preaching patience for Frost argue that Riley had enough time to get things going?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Uh huh, nobody lifted weights.  Just another BS excuse.  Football players lift weights.  It's what they do.  No football coach alive would be okay with his team not lifting weights.  If you truly believe that, then you've had too much Kool Aid.

The Kool Aid caused the rhabdo?

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

He was only there for three years.  A patch work class after Pelini left and two of his own.  How many of his guys do you think he really had?  Why is it that the people who are preaching patience for Frost argue that Riley had enough time to get things going?  

Riley was a half-assed career .500 coach. His only specialties were being a nice guy and creating ten-ply soft ball players. What on God’s green earth makes you think giving him more time would’ve helped jack sh#t? He had about 50 friggin years in the profession and never amounted to sh#t. One year was too much time. He should’ve never been allowed to coach at Nebraska, Oregon State fine, but not here.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 5
10 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

When nick gates, our 4 star, three yr starter at lt and best oline prospect for next level in yrs goes to the draft and benches 225 less times than I did out of HS I think it’s fair to say the weight program had gone to hell and let’s say “optional”

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
On 11/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, N is for nowledge said:

When nick gates, our 4 star, three yr starter at lt and best oline prospect for next level in yrs goes to the draft and benches 225 less times than I did out of HS I think it’s fair to say the weight program had gone to hell and let’s say “optional”

It shows me a guy who isn't competitive which is scary.  Is that true?  Wow.  Maybe Frost is being truthful when he says guys aren't trying.  I find that had to believe, but......maybe.

50 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

It shows me a guy who isn't competitive which is scary.  Is that true?  Wow.  Maybe Frost is being truthful when he says guys aren't trying.  I find that had to believe, but......maybe.

Look back at drafts and combines.  The first time in yrs we had a good showing, outside jano, was last yr.  farmer actually led oline in a few categories.  Look at Jake cotton when he played, Andrew Rodriguez,....you think they actually lifted anything but burritos and quarter pounders when they were here.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
On 11/8/2019 at 1:14 PM, tmfr15 said:

Nebraska "enjoys" a bye week this week and, meanwhile, Oregon State will be at home against Washington.

The Huskies are favored and should roll, but, here is the thing... Oregon State is coming off a record evening win on the road at Arizona, 56-38. Washington might come in hung over after they let one get away against Utah. Washington looked like it had it in the bag.

Here's what's sad, Oregon State doesn't have to beat Washington to do what Nebraska can't. They already have done that. And they could add more.

The Beavers have four games left, including the game Saturday. Assuming a loss to Washington (and I ask for this humbly as it would be a stinging wound to see otherwise) the Beavers would then play Arizona State and Washington State, two middle of the road teams, before closing with imposing Oregon in the Civil War game, which is dominated by the Ducks.

This is the second year of a new coach at Oregon State, and he appears to be doing slightly better than Nebraska. What a crock! This is why we are nervous around here. This should not be happening.

Oregon State has been a train wreck. Despite that fact OSU has won its last two on the road.... back-to-back no less. Nebraska has one road win in the Frost tenure. Just one.

If Oregon State wins against Arizona and Washington State, they'll go bowling. We likely won't.

These are the moments that I just have a hard time seeing what's happening with Nebraska and believing its going to get any better. I am NOT calling for jobs for two reasons.

1. What coach would do well here given that we have had three coaches in a five-year stretch? That's a major recruiting disruptor.

And...

2. I am so tired of the fire and hire cycle and the patience bull crap and so forth.

I am trying to work my head around the idea that the Husker program I have identified with for my entire lifetime... I was born in the 70s, is GONE and may NEVER come back.

It's not that we CAN'T .... it is that we WON'T.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, N is for nowledge said:

This seems to be a common narrative aimed at Riley however I found some interesting info that pours cold water on it.  For example the NFL combine bench record was broken in 2017 by an Oregon State player Riley recruited and coached. 

Let that sink in a bit, a Riley player set the NFL combine bench press record.