Minnesota may be a model for us

BoNeyard

33 minutes ago, lo country said:

Culture is an easy thing to blame it on when you suck....It put's the auspice all on the kids and not the staff.  Not saying culture doesn't need to change, but no way culture results in another 4-8 season.....I just wish the entire staff and team would just go dark.  Show up the next 3 weeks and handle your business.  Or not.

As to the OP, Fleck has done  a great job at Minnie.  He did a turn around at Western Michigan.  This is his 7th year as a HC vs Frost's 4th.  He came in immediately with a catchy slogan to instill his "culture".  He has.  Regardless of what the perception is, it's worked.  His 2 losing seasons out of 7 look like the outliers....Frost has been trying for 2 years and is still trying to get it/find it/complete buy in etc.....Blaming Rliey's guys....Oz, Stan, Farmer, Foster, JD, JoJo, Lamar, Stille, .......It's getting old....

Quick stat, Minnies red zone offense  (goal to go)is tied for 1st with 18 TD's on 18 trips ........Yep.  It's working.

To add, Frost simply needs to look back to his playing days to see what a wining culture looks like.  NOT SCHEME, the attitude, physicality, accountability......It's already shown to work.  Just get it.

Good gawd dude.

Seriously......

Fleck is doing a good job.  But for as much as you trash on Frost, and you do it a LOT), Frost has an undefeated season in his second year as a head coach.

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Good gawd dude.

Seriously......

Fleck is doing a good job.  But for as much as you trash on Frost, and you do it a LOT), Frost has an undefeated season in his second year as a head coach.

And as much as you defend him.  And you do it A LOT....That's his one good season. ONE.  Maybe that's the outlier......I have said ad nauseam that Frost is the right guy.  He deserves time. He doesn't deserve to be free of criticism...

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, lo country said:

And as much as you defend him.  And you do it A LOT....That's his one good season. ONE.  Maybe that's the outlier......I have said ad nauseam that Frost is the right guy.  He deserves time. He doesn't deserve to be free of criticism...

Our program will soon be in better overall shape than Minnesota's, but we have to dig out of the Riley hole first.

An undefeated season is an amazing feat.

You say you're all N on Frost, then criticize the cr@p out of the job he's trying to do.

• Haha 1

I'm pretty sure Frost would give his left nut to have a Tyler Johnson/Bateman/Winfield/Smith on his team.  Those dudes are absolute erasers and Nebraska doesn't have anyone that frankly is really close to them on their roster right now although I think NU has some dudes that can eventually get there.

Both Fleck and Frost are great coaches. Why did we beat nearly the same Minnesota team by 4 scores last year? Buying in to a culture mean everything. PJ and Scott would both tell you the same thing.

For those seeking instant gratification - get lost. Nobody wants your whining a$$ on the board anyway. This is going to take time. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, ZMagers22 said:

Both Fleck and Frost are great coaches. Why did we beat nearly the same Minnesota team by 4 scores last year? Buying in to a culture mean everything. PJ and Scott would both tell you the same thing.

For those seeking instant gratification - get lost. Nobody wants your whining a$$ on the board anyway. This is going to take time. 

Time is the most precious thing we have and no one knows how much of it we have.  Id like to see good quality football in my lifetime again.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Our program will soon be in better overall shape than Minnesota's, but we have to dig out of the Riley hole first.

An undefeated season is an amazing feat.

no doubt.  And I don't care where you do it at. It's hard.  

Here is a decent article from Sips talking to Frost about what he's been facing....hint, he's tried a lot with little change.....

"I just don't feel like our team comes out completely ready to attack in the third quarter," Frost said. "There have been some other circumstances that have added to it. It's something we're continuing to look at and try to address."

Frost meets with the offense at halftime, Erik Chinander with the defense. 

"I've never experienced this on any of my teams before," Frost said. "This is new."

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/frost-hears-positive-fan-feedback-but-at-times-gets-vibe/article_78665d27-042d-52de-9b89-bcd2ad3bdf56.amp.html

5 minutes ago, ZMagers22 said:

So, the Husker players were bought in last year, but not this year?