Minnesota may be a model for us

BoNeyard

3 minutes ago, ZMagers22 said:

Both Fleck and Frost are great coaches. Why did we beat nearly the same Minnesota team by 4 scores last year? Buying in to a culture mean everything. PJ and Scott would both tell you the same thing.

For those seeking instant gratification - get lost. Nobody wants your whining a$$ on the board anyway. This is going to take time. 

Oz, Stan, Farmer and Foster? AM running and throwing confidently......Looking at the box score from last year, we were clicking on all cylinders...AM 25/29 3 TD's no INT's, ran for 125.......OZ 12 for 152 and 2 TD's (12.7 YPC)......We were a different team last year than this year....

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, lo country said:

no doubt.  And I don't care where you do it at. It's hard.  

Here is a decent article from Sips talking to Frost about what he's been facing....hint, he's tried a lot with little change.....

"I just don't feel like our team comes out completely ready to attack in the third quarter," Frost said. "There have been some other circumstances that have added to it. It's something we're continuing to look at and try to address."

Frost meets with the offense at halftime, Erik Chinander with the defense. 

"I've never experienced this on any of my teams before," Frost said. "This is new."

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/frost-hears-positive-fan-feedback-but-at-times-gets-vibe/article_78665d27-042d-52de-9b89-bcd2ad3bdf56.amp.html

I think frost and even chin are good at scripting the first few drives but chin especially struggles to adjust in game. 

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, ZMagers22 said:

Both Fleck and Frost are great coaches. Why did we beat nearly the same Minnesota team by 4 scores last year? Buying in to a culture mean everything. PJ and Scott would both tell you the same thing.

For those seeking instant gratification - get lost. Nobody wants your whining a$$ on the board anyway. This is going to take time. 

Well I'd like to beat Purdue and Colorado but I guess that's just a silly expectation.

• Thanks 1

All I can say is the success Fleck is having at Minnesota in his 3rd year is going to put a lot more pressure on Frost in 2020.  Fleck made changes in his 2nd year to his DC and has shown an openness to make tough decisions for the betterment of the program.  Let's hope Frost can do the same.  I don't care about excuses that Frost inherited something worse than Fleck...we should at a minimum expect to see Nebraska far more competitive in season 3 and pushing 9 wins.  

29 minutes ago, lo country said:

no doubt.  And I don't care where you do it at. It's hard.  

Here is a decent article from Sips talking to Frost about what he's been facing....hint, he's tried a lot with little change.....

"I just don't feel like our team comes out completely ready to attack in the third quarter," Frost said. "There have been some other circumstances that have added to it. It's something we're continuing to look at and try to address."

Frost meets with the offense at halftime, Erik Chinander with the defense. 

"I've never experienced this on any of my teams before," Frost said. "This is new."

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/frost-hears-positive-fan-feedback-but-at-times-gets-vibe/article_78665d27-042d-52de-9b89-bcd2ad3bdf56.amp.html

I can't remember what game it was, but Frost brought them out of half early and had them run sprints. I think they ran plays after half once too. We still started slow and had bad 3rd quarters. I don't know why some people think Frost isn't trying to change things. He is. Just hasn't found the right recipe yet. 

16 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I think this is the most noticeable difference between us and Minny right now.

This is the culture or buy in or whatever you want to call it. Can you honestly look at the way that Wan'Dale plays and the way that our defense or OL or others play and say they are giving it their all? When everyone or the majority of guys play with the effort that Wan'Dale does this team will see a drastic change. Instead we have seniors who many thought would contribute this year who are just riding out their scholarship. 

• Plus1 1