Minnesota may be a model for us

BoNeyard

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

Taking out staff, scheme, recruits, conference etc....Just using the eyeball test, if I am being honest, NU looks like a lower tier team.....From appearance, size, hustle, physicality, speed, execution, fundamentals, etc......Not even in the same area code.  The crazy thing is we have been this way for years.  Maybe a lot of truth in the line that winning is a habit. So is losing.  I know Frost has made several comments about having never had to deal with some of these issues...

The sad thing is that I am not sure we can even compete with North Dakota State right now. It feels like we are the Rutgers of the west and the irony of it all is that Rutgers might turn the corner faster than us. The fact that our head coach has no answer on how to fix this losing culture is really worrisome. I would not be surprised if next year isn’t worse than this year, especially with our schedule. 

10 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

The sad thing is that I am not sure we can even compete with North Dakota State right now. It feels like we are the Rutgers of the west and the irony of it all is that Rutgers might turn the corner faster than us. The fact that our head coach has no answer on how to fix this losing culture is really worrisome. I would not be surprised if next year isn’t worse than this year, especially with our schedule. 

I'm with you.  A lot of talking and addressing miscues, but not a lot of things getting fixed.  ie When asked about the season hurting recruiting , Frost said no, that they see where we are headed.....I am unsure where we are headed as we appear to be regressing.  As far as culture, bench guys not bought in.  Play all of "your guys" ready or not.  At least you are getting the culture that you are looking for......and maybe it translates to wins....And what is the culture?  Toughness?  Then demand it. Don't wait for the team to step up.  Don't wait to see if the team holds each other accountable.  You as the HC set the bar until such time as the team "gets it".  Next years schedule with this years team looks scary....

Establishing the culture also means that you own it.  If AM is having issues, sit him.  That instills trust in the team.  Mills allegedly misses a block and gets sat down, but others do not....That's not good culture.  Be the HC, no Co-HC with Chin. I posted earlier that Frost syas at half he has the O and Chin handles the D.  You are the HC. You own all 3 phases.  Maybe that aspect of culture is missing.  The HC that deals with all 3 phases as a HC.  Frost is in year 4 of being a HC.  No doubt he is still learning.  My only concren is who has a lot of experience he can lean on to get some advice in game......A lot like Bo and his staff....

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

At our rate, Illinois could be a model for us.

I'm really unsure how Nebraska makes it through the next two seasons. They're looking at a 4-8 season in 2020 and 3-9 in 2021. Not only that, multiple large blowouts will continue to happen. 

New AD and head football coach is what I hear.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

At our rate, Illinois could be a model for us.

I'm really unsure how Nebraska makes it through the next two seasons. They're looking at a 4-8 season in 2020 and 3-9 in 2021. Not only that, multiple large blowouts will continue to happen. 

You’re right.  There’s absolutely no chance of improvement 

• Thanks 5