Kansas State

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

By "burning it down", I didn't mean fire Frost....

But yet you proclaimed KSU hired a better coach. 

so, what did you mean?  When frost came in he replaced well over half the team. After this year there probably will be more players leave early and replaced. He brought in a new staff. We are building an entirely new facility. 

What more do you mean by “burn it down”?

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But yet you proclaimed KSU hired a better coach. 

so, what did you mean?  When frost came in he replaced well over half the team. After this year there probably will be more players leave early and replaced. He brought in a new staff. We are building an entirely new facility. 

What more do you mean by “burn it down”?

It was a figure of speech directed at nothing in particular.... Directed more at the frustration around the program.... At this point (that's what I said),  I think it's fair to say that KSU's coach has significantly outperformed Frost. Anyone that says they didn't think it'd be much better than it has been, is lying to themselves.... Frost told us it'd be better!

It's absolutely fair to be critical of Frost to this point.... I still think he's going to figure it out, but he's been underwhelming thus far.

• Fire 1

Ahem...Iowa State anyone?

Do you think Chizek and Rhoades left anything in the cupboard for Campbell to work with?  Don't think so...yet here comes the MAC coach with his MAC staff and he turned the culture and the program around in two years...without a bunch of 4 or 5 star recruits, a first class facility or million dollar Football donors.

With Campbell, you don't buy in or you continually screw up, you don't play.  He brought in a staff that recognized the shortcomings on the roster and then built schemes to put players in positions that would play to their strengths and put them in the most advantageous match ups for success.  

Frost should give Matt a call...maybe they could have lunch and discuss coaching philosophy.

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Ahem...Iowa State anyone?

Do you think Chizek and Rhoades left anything in the cupboard for Campbell to work with?  Don't think so...yet here comes the MAC coach with his MAC staff and he turned the culture and the program around in two years...without a bunch of 4 or 5 star recruits, a first class facility or million dollar Football donors.

With Campbell, you don't buy in or you continually screw up, you don't play.  He brought in a staff that recognized the shortcomings on the roster and then built schemes to put players in positions that would play to their strengths and put them in the most advantageous match ups for success.  

Frost should give Matt a call...maybe they could have lunch and discuss coaching philosophy.

Frost is too busy recruiting Iowa to discuss philosophy over lunch.

14 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Maybe he should try his own back yard.  Noticed the starting nose tackle for Oklahoma was from Lincoln...and do we need to mention Phant?

7 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Who is the nose you speak of, don’t recall losing one to ou.  Fant was all on the previous staff.  Speaking if recruiting not recruiting burrow was all on bo and his circus staff

He means Wisconsin.  Oklahoma's NT is from Canada.

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm....I think he won 10 a couple of times. 

So not only was his first two 10 win seasons with majority Callahan recruits his last one was in 2012.  Look it up, what a world beater of a schedule.  In 2012, penn st was going through the Pedo scandal, Michigan was a disaster, minn was garbage, we always had mich st #.  My point is it was a horribly easy schedule with the big ten being a shell of what it is today.  Horrible losses include letting a 3 score game slide down your leg at home against UCLA, getting housed by osu and the second time around b wiscy, and losing to a below average ga team in the bowl game.  Yep what a great season, where do I sign up.  Anyone thinks Pelini was the answer simply has misguided naive tunnel vision. 

Just now, runningblind said:

He means Wisconsin.  Oklahoma's NT is from Canada.

Well again that would fall at the feet of our previous staff not frost.  He did everything he could to keep him here.

14 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

So not only was his first two 10 win seasons with majority Callahan recruits his last one was in 2012.  Look it up, what a world beater of a schedule.  In 2012, penn st was going through the Pedo scandal, Michigan was a disaster, minn was garbage, we always had mich st #.  My point is it was a horribly easy schedule with the big ten being a shell of what it is today.  Horrible losses include letting a 3 score game slide down your leg at home against UCLA, getting housed by osu and the second time around b wiscy, and losing to a below average ga team in the bowl game.  Yep what a great season, where do I sign up.  Anyone thinks Pelini was the answer simply has misguided naive tunnel vision. 

Well again that would fall at the feet of our previous staff not frost.  He did everything he could to keep him here.

I wasn’t a Bo fan and I wanted a change when he was fired. The comment just sounded like he never had won 10.