Kansas State

22 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I see them week in week out playing toe to toe with the best teams the BIG 12 has to offer. It’s year 1 for the new regime, you can’t tell me they have better talent than us. Any insight? 

Frost had to deal with players actively making bad plays......that's at least part of what is going on.

1 hour ago, April Wine said:

he learned how to ride his bike on the turf at memorial stadium..he wanted to be a husker!  Somebody, I wont say who, really messed that up.............his initials are BP!

And a guy with initials SF didn't help, nor to Riley.........Bo and Beck missed initially, Riley swung and missed and then Frost was sold on AM and TG hadn't left yet.....4 star, #8 Dual threat.......It looks SO BAD because of the legacy connection of family playing at NU, dad with Frank at Ohio, the multiple "opportunities" to land him etc.....Not to mention playing QB at a Hypesman level....

https://thespun.com/college-football/scott-frosts-old-quote-about-qb-joe-burrow-is-going-viral

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/qb-burrow-decides-to-transfer-from-buckeyes/article_3f0daf2d-3c5b-5d6f-9cf1-828362598d27.html

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

And a guy with initials SF didn't help, nor to Riley.........Bo and Beck missed initially, Riley swung and missed and then Frost was sold on AM and TG hadn't left yet.....4 star, #8 Dual threat.......

https://thespun.com/college-football/scott-frosts-old-quote-about-qb-joe-burrow-is-going-viral

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/qb-burrow-decides-to-transfer-from-buckeyes/article_3f0daf2d-3c5b-5d6f-9cf1-828362598d27.html

“Missed”...that’s one way of putting it.  Bos circus “allowed” burrow to pay his own way to camp at unl and through the whole weekend nobody on the staff said one thing to him.  Cold shoulder, snubbed...call it what you want.  All this to offer some 3 star dude from tx that didn’t win his Hs teams qb position, transferred to another Hs to get this, play te.  Can’t make it up.  MR at least tried to change his mind and SF had a qb and obviously has other areas to fill quickly.  I don’t blame SF for burrow, this falls squarely on one Blo Pelini.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, lo country said:

And a guy with initials SF didn't help, nor to Riley.........Bo and Beck missed initially, Riley swung and missed and then Frost was sold on AM and TG hadn't left yet.....4 star, #8 Dual threat.......It looks SO BAD because of the legacy connection of family playing at NU, dad with Frank at Ohio, the multiple "opportunities" to land him etc.....Not to mention playing QB at a Hypesman level....

Since you are linking articles on who to blame for Burrow not being at NU, here is one from the OWH.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/plus/mckewon-between-adrian-martinez-and-joe-burrow-did-the-huskers/article_1868991b-47fa-5c24-8334-b5db2c0bf0ef.html

If you are one blaming Frost for not bringing in Burrow, that criticism is 100% hindsight driven. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

“Missed”...that’s one way of putting it.  Bos circus “allowed” burrow to pay his own way to camp at unl and through the whole weekend nobody on the staff said one thing to him.  Cold shoulder, snubbed...call it what you want.  All this to offer some 3 star dude from tx that didn’t win his Hs teams qb position, transferred to another Hs to get this, play te.  Can’t make it up.  MR at least tried to change his mind and SF had a qb and obviously has other areas to fill quickly.  I don’t blame SF for burrow, this falls squarely on one Blo Pelini.

The 3 star was a JV QB to boot....from Sweden? IIRC......You are correct, he came to camp and no one spoke with him.  As mentioned, the 4 star, top 300, 8th best dial threat and #11 in Ohio....Mr Ohio if I recall as well......

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Since you are linking articles on who to blame for Burrow not being at NU, here is one from the OWH.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/plus/mckewon-between-adrian-martinez-and-joe-burrow-did-the-huskers/article_1868991b-47fa-5c24-8334-b5db2c0bf0ef.html

If you are one blaming Frost for not bringing in Burrow, that criticism is 100% hindsight driven. 

Not trying to blame Frost at all.  Just mentioning that we had several opportunities through 3 coaches and it didn't work out.  Wasn't 100% on Bo......or Riley.....or Frost............Hence the whole "makes it look so bad...hind sight".   

End of the day, you only get who wants to come here....

The OWH link wouldn't open without subscription.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Not trying to blame Frost at all.  Just mentioning that we had several opportunities through 3 coaches and it didn't work out.  Wasn't 100% on Bo......or Riley.....or Frost............Hence the whole "makes it look so bad...hind sight".   

The OWH link wouldn't open without subscription.

You are putting some blame on Frost though.  One of the main points about the OWH article is that Martinez was statistically a better QB than Burrow last year and NOBODY would have expected to Burrow to do so well this year.  I am far from a Riley defender, but Burrow not being a Husker falls squarely on Beck and Bo.  Burrow wanted to come to NU straight out of high school, and they botched his recruiting.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You are putting some blame on Frost though.  One of the main points about the OWH article is that Martinez was statistically a better QB than Burrow last year and NOBODY would have expected to Burrow to do so well this year.  I am far from a Riley defender, but Burrow not being a Husker falls squarely on Beck and Bo.  Burrow wanted to come to NU straight out of high school, and they botched his recruiting.

I am putting some blame on Frost.  He might have been able to get him here had he really wanted to.  At that time, the QB was good he thought.  Much like this year our RB room looked good to start.    Bo and Beck screwed the pooch.  No doubt.  Multiple attempts by fam to get Burrow here at that time....And I agree, hindsight makes this look like a huge blunder by NU, but that mistake was made 2 coaches ago.

I am waiting for the day other teams transfer portal stars come here...

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I am putting some blame on Frost.  He might have been able to get him here had he really wanted to.  At that time, the QB was good he thought.  Much like this year our RB room looked good to start.    Bo and Beck screwed the pooch.  No doubt.  Multiple attempts by fam to get Burrow here at that time....And I agree, hindsight makes this look like a huge blunder by NU, but that mistake was made 2 coaches ago.

I don't think saying Beck and Bo made a huge mistake not recruiting Burrow is hindsight.  Even while Burrow was at Ohio State, many were saying it would have been great he was at NU.  My hindsight comment is geared around Frost getting criticism for not trying to bring in Burrow.  This just isn't an issue where Frost deserves criticism.  He had 2 good QB's in the fold, and Burrow was probably looking for a certain starting spot.  Also, Martinez played better than Burrow did last year.  Burrow maybe never starts at NU, and if he does, it's highly doubtful he is performing like he is at LSU, given the surrounding talent he has at RB and WR there.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1