Kansas State

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

I am putting some blame on Frost.  He might have been able to get him here had he really wanted to.  At that time, the QB was good he thought.  Much like this year our RB room looked good to start.    Bo and Beck screwed the pooch.  No doubt.  Multiple attempts by fam to get Burrow here at that time....And I agree, hindsight makes this look like a huge blunder by NU, but that mistake was made 2 coaches ago.

I am waiting for the day other teams transfer portal stars come here...

Just wondering how you spread the blame.  Bos staff didn’t recruit him at all instead chose to over some TE to project to the next level at qb?  I’m not saying you offer legacy guys just because but this was freaking mr Ohio 4 star, with a long line of family through nu.  The arrogance of bo and his staff is appalling.  This falls squarely and only on the shoulders of bo and his staff.  

Fwiw, I believe this is when beck had his jaw wired shut for some procedure, but bo was just a d!(k.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Just wondering how you spread the blame.  Bos staff didn’t recruit him at all instead chose to over some TE to project to the next level at qb?  I’m not saying you offer legacy guys just because but this was freaking mr Ohio 4 star, with a long line of family through nu.  The arrogance of bo and his staff is appalling.  This falls squarely and only on the shoulders of bo and his staff.  

Fwiw, I believe this is when beck had his jaw wired shut for some procedure, but bo was just a d!(k.

Hold on...so Bo and his staff sucked balls at recruiting but still won 9-10 games each year???

Soooo...were they great at coaching and developing the bad talent they did get?

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Hold on...so Bo and his staff sucked balls at recruiting but still won 9-10 games each year???

They were fortunate that the big10 isn’t what it is now.  They always seemed to have a dynamic player or two to bail them out when it was huge.  (Abdullah vs mcneese st, Westy vs, nw, or dpe pre injury against iowa). Yes,  they were awful recruiters.  Bo even bragged after moving to YSU that “he could recruit from his car”.  They avg. top 20-30 class, but the first ten guys were pretty good, the last 10-15 never made it or were just meh.  The players played hard but what ails SF now ailed them as well, some were ok with being ok.  They bragged about 9 wins like it was some badge of honor when in reality it meant absolutely nothing.  I’m convinced in 2015 the wheels fall of if he came back and the 9 win thing was in serious jeopardy.  No Abdullah, no valentine, Collins, etc....don’t forget when MR showed up they had 2-3 scholarship lb on the team and had to convince bando not to transfer.  He no longer had that dynamic playmaker to hide their inefficiencies and the defense had declined several yrs in a row already.  

In defense of bo, I’m not sure he truly got a fair shake as the admin cut bait after the tx am game.   

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

They were fortunate that the big10 isn’t what it is now.  They always seemed to have a dynamic player or two to bail them out when it was huge.  (Abdullah vs mcneese st, Westy vs, nw, or dpe pre injury against iowa). Yes,  they were awful recruiters.  Bo even bragged after moving to YSU that “he could recruit from his car”.  They avg. top 20-30 class, but the first ten guys were pretty good, the last 10-15 never made it or were just meh.  The players played hard but what ails SF now ailed them as well, some were ok with being ok.  They bragged about 9 wins like it was some badge of honor when in reality it meant absolutely nothing.  I’m convinced in 2015 the wheels fall of if he came back and the 9 win thing was in serious jeopardy.  No Abdullah, no valentine, Collins, etc....don’t forget when MR showed up they had 2-3 scholarship lb on the team and had to convince bando not to transfer.  He no longer had that dynamic playmaker to hide their inefficiencies and the defense had declined several yrs in a row already.  

In defense of bo, I’m not sure he truly got a fair shake as the admin cut bait after the tx am game.   

No idea what you mean...

Did Bo recruit like crap and somehow develop and out-coach other teams each year?  Yes or no?

Remember...even his last year was 9 wins.

Some need to go read Kevin Dillman’s recruiting thread in 2015.  Many folk believed he could be a huge deal besides NU.  FSU, Clemson, UCLA had offered and Michigan was very high on him.  Hurt his Achilles his junior year and not sure he was the same.  The JV thing was due to him transferring from CA to Guyer TX and being declared ineligible.  He could of transferred to a private high school and play, but stayed to learn from that high school staff and not mess with his living arrangements.

Plus the thread has the Spring practice where they did the Harlem Shake video

good times

On 11/9/2019 at 6:54 PM, Huskers93-97 said:

I see them week in week out playing toe to toe with the best teams the BIG 12 has to offer. It’s year 1 for the new regime, you can’t tell me they have better talent than us. Any insight? 

I can tell you this is the wrong forum. 

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No idea what you mean...

Did Bo recruit like crap and somehow develop and out-coach other teams each year?  Yes or no?

Remember...even his last year was 9 wins.

Ok I’ll play.  Did bo have a sr walkon throw a hail mary to a team that westy as time expired, a team that never should have been that close with.  Did he, in all his genius almost lose to mcneese st at home, while trying to get in fg range calls a dump pass to Ameer who broke ~500 tackles on his way to a Td.  How about dpe taking what was a sure loss to ia, and getting us back in the game off two returns.  I could go on.  My point is he won 2-3 games a yr despite his horrible coaching but lost 1-2 where he shouldn’t have, and embarrassed by anyone with a pulse.  Yes, he won nine games. Yes he’d hit on some amazing talent (TM, AA, etc) but not near enough and that’s would always hold him back from being great, that and his ego couldn’t fit inside memorial stadium.  Again, I’m convinced with many of those players gone in 2015 the wheels come off.  

Lets not not forget how close he was to assaulting the referee during his second to last Iowa game either.  He was/is a clown, even that big Hs in Ohio is mulling firing him.

13 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Some need to go read Kevin Dillman’s recruiting thread in 2015.  Many folk believed he could be a huge deal besides NU.  FSU, Clemson, UCLA had offered and Michigan was very high on him.  Hurt his Achilles his junior year and not sure he was the same.  The JV thing was due to him transferring from CA to Guyer TX and being declared ineligible.  He could of transferred to a private high school and play, but stayed to learn from that high school staff and not mess with his living arrangements.

Plus the thread has the Spring practice where they did the Harlem Shake video

good times

So that right there is my point.  It’s like they wore taking chances on people and having them pan out was some badge of honor.  Burrow wanted to come here and was higher rated and had ties.  Ameer was being recruited at dB, Taylor was wanted as a safety.  For every one of those stories how many did they offer that were what they were projected to be.  Even if they were higher on dillman why cold shoulder burrow when he visited campus like they didn’t even want him there.  Just a plain d!(k move,  I’m just shocked seeing how well the circus is doing at YSU that people still support him and would take him back.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Ok I’ll play.  Did bo have a sr walkon throw a hail mary to a team that westy as time expired, a team that never should have been that close with.  Did he, in all his genius almost lose to mcneese st at home, while trying to get in fg range calls a dump pass to Ameer who broke ~500 tackles on his way to a Td.  How about dpe taking what was a sure loss to ia, and getting us back in the game off two returns.  I could go on.  My point is he won 2-3 games a yr despite his horrible coaching but lost 1-2 where he shouldn’t have, and embarrassed by anyone with a pulse.  Yes, he won nine games. Yes he’d hit on some amazing talent (TM, AA, etc) but not near enough and that’s would always hold him back from being great, that and his ego couldn’t fit inside memorial stadium.  Again, I’m convinced with many of those players gone in 2015 the wheels come off.  

Lets not not forget how close he was to assaulting the referee during his second to last Iowa game either.  He was/is a clown, even that big Hs in Ohio is mulling firing him.

Got it, his wins were lucky...his losses were bad coaching...his good recruits were just lucky...his bad recruits were his real recruiting.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Got it, his wins were lucky...his losses were bad coaching...his good recruits were just lucky...his bad recruits were his real recruiting.

If that’s what you took out of my response I’m sorry.  Fact, his top 8-10 recruits were pretty good every yr.  however every yr he’d find himself in the position of having 12 commits in December with nobody else pending.  He’d go after 20 kids with either character issues, bad grades, etc....think the group from Edna karr.  Many didn’t even make camp or stick past the first yr.  again this happened every yr.  I didn’t say he was lucky I said he always seemed to have a difference maker make a play, that’s good on him.  What’s bad on him is he always had 1-2 a yr that hed lose that he shouldn’t have and always get curb stomped by anyone with a pulse.  He averaged 9 wins wh n the only teams you really had to worry about were osu, mich st, and Wisconsin.  Much different now.  I’m done talking about bo, I think he’s a way below avg HC, if nothing else YSU reinforces that....you believe he’s a hall of famer.  

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think he was an ok recruiter and an ok coach, nothing more.  

If he was anything more, he wouldn't be on the hot seat at freaking YSU right now.

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

Bo would have a recruiting class ranked around #27, and then coach them to become roughly the #27 team in the nation. 

• Thanks 1