Frost's Frustrations

lo country

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Allowing guys to play who hypothetically told you to go "f yourself" would be much more detrimental to the program, than the possibility of injuries towards the end of a lost season.

In this hypothetical world, players never get into heated exchanges with coaches.  Cool.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Let's say all of this is true - the older guys don't buy in to Frost and told him to F himself.

Why wouldn't Frost play Freshmen over those guys who - accepting this as true - clearly haven't bought in?

One plausible scenario - it's a tough league. There are no easy games. Illinois hit us like a ton of bricks. Indiana laid the hurt stick on us. So did Minnesota. 

Why bash up your Freshmen, who are undersized since they just got to this class, and not burn up the bodies of your older players? You're already not going to a great bowl game, and maybe not one at all. You choose to let the older, more experienced guys play and put the mileage on them, and continue to train your younger guys.

Beau Davis agrees with this thought process.  I am all for playing the young guys, but not at the expense of getting them hurt where they are out for the next 6-9 months with torn whatever.  Use whom ever isn't getting it as a teaching tool moving forward.

I get tired of the "blame the old staff", BUT things from the outside looking in looked really, really, really jacked up....Imagine what it looks like when youpeak behind the curtain....I am guessing he felt as though he had been sold a bill of goods....Article gives an inside glimpse of what he has been dealing with.  I knew we had issues, but SMH......But show that attitude you had as a player......Own your  miscues and mistakes as well.

• Plus1 2

Dear Coach Frost, just win games that are there for the taking and you won’t be so frustrated. 

Your terrible short yardage offense, horrific defense are on you and nobody else.  So change that!

Your unintentionally building a culture of fear of failure and excuse makers.

Please find a positive long term mantra to build a culture on.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
Just now, LumberJackSker said:

Hope it pays off. It almost seems like they've created two different team. Upperclassmen that play but dont do what is asked of them and the rest of the young guys on the bench or redshirting that are the future.

You're smarter than me and I'm sure everything you said above is true it just seems odd that younger guys that are doing things right cant at least see increased playing time since whoever these upperclassmen are aren't buying in.

The theory would be better if Frost was managing the roster, and specifically the four-game redshirt rule, correctly. But I don't think he is, especially with regards to Rahmir Johnson and Like McCaffrey.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Beau Davis agrees with this thought process.  I am all for playing the young guys, but not at the expense of getting them hurt where they are out for the next 6-9 months with torn whatever.  Use whom ever isn't getting it as a teaching tool moving forward.

I get tired of the "blame the old staff", BUT things from the outside looking in looked really, really, really jacked up....Imagine what it looks like when youpeak behind the curtain....I am guessing he felt as though he had been sold a bill of goods....Article gives an inside glimpse of what he has been dealing with.  I knew we had issues, but SMH......But show that attitude you had as a player......Own your  miscues and mistakes as well.

Flipping the roster has been a huge chore for Frost.  The linebacker depth chart you provided was eye opening.

I'm sure there are several decisions Frost would like to do differently in hindsight.  Bit damn, I can easily see how Frost would be frustrated with some of this personnel cr@p he's dealing with.

Here is a good study on grit.  GRIT might be the secret sauce we are missing.  The point in red seems to conclude losing and not learning, leads us  down a path of persistent failure....That statement seems pretty true.....We are on a path of persistent failure until guys learn or we get winners in who have that "grit" mentality.

• Grit, defined as “passion and perseverance for long-term goals of personal significance.”

How we respond to obstacles — and failure — shapes our likelihood of future success. Failing fast and applying lessons learned will keep us on a positive upswing rather than lead us down a path of persistent failure, a separate studypublished last week Nature suggests.

https://www.inverse.com/article/60638-grit-may-be-the-key-to-success

Just now, TheSker said:

Flipping the roster has been a huge chore for Frost.  The linebacker depth chart you provided was eye opening.

I'm sure there are several decisions Frost would like to do differently in hindsight.  Bit damn, I can easily see how Frost would be frustrated with some of this personnel cr@p he's dealing with.

Not one UC......in the B1G.....at probably the most important position in the 3-4...

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The theory would be better if Frost was managing the roster, and specifically the four-game redshirt rule, correctly. But I don't think he is, especially with regards to Rahmir Johnson and Like McCaffrey.

I dont know which guys are banged up either but there's two guys i though we would see more of Noa Pola Gates and Ty Robinson. Gates i believe has played some special teams but should have a game or two left at a position that has been hit with injuries and i don't think robinson has played at all. Both these guys were heavily recruited by saban and visited both i believe.i would love to see them both get some serious playing time over the next 3 games. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

In this hypothetical world, players never get into heated exchanges with coaches.  Cool.

You think it's typical of a group of upperclassmen to tell a head coach to go f#&% himself, he still plays them over eager/eligible underclassmen, AND he retains respect in the locker room?. Yeah. Real cool.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

I dont know which guys are banged up either but there's two guys i though we would see more of Noa Pola Gates and Ty Robinson. Gates i believe has played some special teams but should have a game or two left at a position that has been hit with injuries and i don't think robinson has played at all. Both these guys were heavily recruited by saban and visited both i believe.i would love to see them both get some serious playing time over the next 3 games. 

Would very much like to see both those guys get some quality snaps to end the season.

I'm hugely hopeful on both, and glad we can redshirt both.  We need Robinson to anchor a stout DL for years.

2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I would have thought Benhart and Fritzshe.  I know the coaches see practice, but damn......

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I would have thought Benhart and Fritzshe.  I know the coaches see practice, but damn......

Austin complimented Fritzche's aggressiveness last week.

Frost seems to be pulling in some talent at OL.  If Austin and Duval develop them like Jurgens, there's reason for optimism.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, gorp512 said:

Will they ever stop talking about the old staff?

Did you read the article? Nobody, especially "they", mentioned the old staff once.

Weird how it's so to easy associate a lack of work ethic and passion with the old staff, when it isn't specifically mentioned, isn't it? It's almost like we know how bad it was before but apparently some of us don't like hearing the truth.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Fire 1