Frost's Frustrations

lo country

1 hour ago, 3gunhusker said:

this constant reminder that we have to wait till he get's his guys in BS.  he never had his guys at UCF and did quite well with the other guy's guys.  same with that weirdo at Minny.  he has those guys playing insane yet most weren't guys he recruited.  is he saying the guys he didn't recruit are pieces of sh&t and just by merely recruiting his own type will change the culture?  

Lol.."weirdo"...gave me a good chuckle

1 hour ago, 3gunhusker said:

is he saying the guys he didn't recruit are pieces of sh&t and just by merely recruiting his own type will change the culture?  

Kinda.

A good portion of Frost's initial recruiting class at NU has been a bust too......but too many of the guys already here have proven underdeveloped and soft.

• Plus1 1

I am curious as to how other programs have been able to turn things around in their second year, some even in their first year. Is it possible that the players are not learning because they have little respect for this coaching staff? Also, how can you change the culture if you are not willing to discipline those who commit stupid penalties or sit down a QB who is struggling and refuse to give someone else a chance. Until Frost makes some tough decisions, the culture is not going to magically fix itself. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
20 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If it’s a legit concern about what’s going on I’m fine with it. I want to hear the truth- if kids are not trying then I’m fine hearing that. It’s better than telling us they had a great practice them play like shot 

so... what about the bad decisions and obvious issues and problems this current staff is creating all by themselves? who's responsible for those?

21 minutes ago, thatguy said:

so... what about the bad decisions and obvious issues and problems this current staff is creating all by themselves? who's responsible for those?

I believe they do have plenty of culpability. I think they need to do lots of self reflection. But it is not all on them either- I think they have some s#!tty players. BUT I think they should not play the kids who have attitudes. But maybe because they are redshirting basically their entire freshman roster- which I agree with. Maybe they dont have the numbers to pull those kids.

12 hours ago, SFW said:

I don’t want to hear about Frosts frustration and sleeplessness.   I want to know how our 5 millions dollar man is going to right the ship.

Even when asked don’t tell, spin it positive without blame. Your the CEO.  

$35 million.  We get him for seven years.  

Another article by Simple Sipple wanders around the old "needs more time" mantra we've been hearing for twenty years now.  Nothing about the defense, of course, just Frost whining about not sleeping and Sipple comparing him to great coaches in basketball and football who've had a few downs with their ups.  Helpful hint to Sipple:  One good year at UCF doth not a great coach make.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

$35 million.  We get him for seven years.  

Another article by Simple Sipple wanders around the old "needs more time" mantra we've been hearing for twenty years now.  Nothing about the defense, of course, just Frost whining about not sleeping and Sipple comparing him to great coaches in basketball and football who've had a few downs with their ups.  Helpful hint to Sipple:  One good year at UCF doth not a great coach make.

Waaaaaaaaa!!!  I need my banky!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Culture/buy in/whatever you want to call it doesn't always mean you aren't producing on the field. I wonder if the Davis twins, Alex Davis, Eric Lee, Lamar have actually "bought in." I don't think it's a lack of effort on the field with these guys or the person under them being better. All these guys probably have NFL dreams and so they aren't just going through the motions in games and they may be our best players.

I think where the issues arise is in practice and outside of football. Are these guys practicing as hard as they can and pushing everyone around them? Are they holding guys accountable who don't feel like like practicing hard today or going to class or whatever or are they the guys doing it? Do they trust the scheme and coaching or are they free lancing at critical points in the game because they think they know better? I think these are the types of buy in being referred to. The stuff we can't see.

Then you have guys like Tyrin Ferguson, Avery Anderson, Vainuku, Daishon Neal that have in my mind mailed it in and are just riding things out.

Add all that up and it has held this team back at points this year and I think that's where Frost is frustrated.