Burrow let us discuss

KazLong

6 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Nothing to discuss, previous coaches didnt want him, current coach wanted Martinez, end of story.

So what year does A-Mart win his heisman? This is a failure by all three last coaches. I do not say that lightly as I am a Bo fan. This is a guy we could of gotten.

• Plus1 2

This is a hindsight question, but I would lay this more on Pelini/Beck (Riley was hired after Burrow had committed to OSU, and he was pretty solid after the fact). For those who don't read the OWH, this story is probably why this thread exists:

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/plus/mckewon-between-adrian-martinez-and-joe-burrow-did-the-huskers/article_1868991b-47fa-5c24-8334-b5db2c0bf0ef.html

• Fire 2

4 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

This is a hindsight question, but I would lay this more on Pelini/Beck (Riley was hired after Burrow had committed to OSU, and he was pretty solid after the fact). For those who don't read the OWH, this story is probably why this thread exists:

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/plus/mckewon-between-adrian-martinez-and-joe-burrow-did-the-huskers/article_1868991b-47fa-5c24-8334-b5db2c0bf0ef.html

Watched the LSU Bama game, and they commented on how Nebraska could of had him he was interested. Pretty much mocking us as the media loves to do.

As if that is the magic prize to correct our problems.  He might have been descent here, he might have failed miserably, no one knows.

But at Ohio State and LSU his supporting cast is so superior to what we put on the field it is a joke.  

Good for the kid and props to Coach O for getting him.

Plus he just beat Alabama, nothing good make my day better.

• Plus1 6

Meh. 

You go for what you want and you get who wants you back. 

Nobody wanted Woodhead. Fant found a home.

We gave A Abdullah a home when he was wandering.  And on and on. 

Whatever. Burrow was on the market and he went where someone wanted him. Is he in heisman contention here, this year?   lol. Not even our dark horse heisman contender isn’t contending   

Lets move on from woulda/coulda

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, skersfan said:

As if that is the magic prize to correct our problems.  He might have been descent here, he might have failed miserably, no one knows.

But at Ohio State and LSU his supporting cast is so superior to what we put on the field it is a joke.  

Good for the kid and props to Coach O for getting him.

Plus he just beat Alabama, nothing good make my day better.

I agree so take the fake internet points. It is like as a raiders fan look at incognito besides being bat s#!t crazy he is a great O line man. He runs with a purpose and he is a dual threat quarterback. If we had a better O line and better defense like the two aforementioned we might be in a different situation.

6 minutes ago, I am I said:

Meh. 

You go for what you want and you get who wants you back. 

Nobody wanted Woodhead. Fant found a home.

We gave A Abdullah a home when he was wandering.  And on and on. 

Whatever. Burrow was on the market and he went where someone wanted him. Is he in heisman contention here, this year?   lol. Not even our dark horse heisman contender isn’t contending   

Lets move on from woulda/coulda

https://www.newsday.com/sports/college/college-football/heisman-trophy-watch-2019-1.33902380

He was ranked #1 before beating bama.

14 minutes ago, KazLong said:

So?

we didn’t want him, he went where someone did want him. Done and done. 

If we recruit him as a freshman and he’s here the whole time is he who he is now? Are we where we are now if he was here the whole time? Who knows and who cares? He’s where he is and doing great. Can’t count us being where we want to be because those before the coaches who are here now didn’t want him. He went where he was wanted and he’s doing great. Good for him and them. 

I see us, literally, a few plays a game from being where we want to be. We are SO close. Burrow may or may not have helped us. So whatever. He’s not as good here as he is there cuz he was never here. 

I’m not crying about what could have been. I’m going to exalt in the sweet river when we get there cuz I never thought we wouldn’t be there.  Fan for Life, Go Big Red...lets ride with who we have 

• Plus1 1