Burrow let us discuss

KazLong

• 1 month later...

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just finished watching the first half. Sorry Frost but- Yes he is better than we got. 

Be happy for Burrow.

As great as he looks, his supporting cast at LSU is as good as it gets.

Frost has other more important roster flipping to worry about than the quarterback position. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Be happy for Burrow.

As great as he looks, his supporting cast at LSU is as good as it gets.

Frost has other more important roster flipping to worry about than the quarterback position. 

Can we please out to bed the thoughts that had Burrow come here under Bo/Riley/Frost he would look  this good.....Like @TheSker posted, look at his O.....They are on a completely different level than what we currently have at NU.  Throw in Joe Brady as the passing game coordinator and you have a winning recipe....WITH LSU TALENT.  Last year, prior to Brady, 2AM 1.0, was better.....

59 minutes ago, 2ndNnine said:

Unfortunately, we are still unable to tackle so we give up 51 per game.

This^.  See the Memphis v Penn St game..

• Plus1 2

I know it’s popular to bash Frost for not trying to bring in Burrow, and that makes people doubt Frost’s ability to evaluate QB’s. However, Burrow was rated as a 5th-7th round draft pick before this season. Let’s not act like Frost is the only one who “misjudged” Burrow. I have never seen a 1-year improvement by a QB in my near 40 years of following college football like Burrow has. 

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know it’s popular to bash Frost for not trying to bring in Burrow, and that makes people doubt Frost’s ability to evaluate QB’s. However, Burrow was rated as a 5th-7th round draft pick before this season. Let’s not act like Frost is the only one who “misjudged” Burrow. I have never seen a 1-year improvement by a QB in my near 40 years of following college football like Burrow has. 

Agree....

The mistake for Nebraska was when Burrow came out of HS. When Frost has his chance, he had what was a stud QB coming out of HS and was looking for dual threat QBs. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just finished watching the first half. Sorry Frost but- Yes he is better than we got. 

Check Joe’s stats from last year and place them next to Adrian’s from last year. You’ll find Burrow was not better last year than what we had. Nobody called this breakout season from Burrow at all. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, EZ-E said:

Check Joe’s stats from last year and place them next to Adrian’s from last year. You’ll find Burrow was not better last year than what we had. Nobody called this breakout season from Burrow at all. 

Burrow likes to remind the media that Nebraska turned him down, but it will be interesting to see if Burrow has that same type of vitriol for Ryan Day and Ohio State who was the OC who chose Dwayne Haskins over Burrow in 2018. 

• Plus1 2

Be happy for Joe.  Had we offered him a scholarship AND had he beat out Martinez for the starting spot (Our coaches do have their favorites), he'd likely be playing in a mid-tier bowl game at best.  We didn't have enough piece around him to even come close to a Heisman run.  Even though he rightly felt slighted, this worked out best for him in the end.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Skeeball said:

Be happy for Joe.  Had we offered him a scholarship AND had he beat out Martinez for the starting spot (Our coaches do have their favorites), he'd likely be playing in a mid-tier bowl game at best.  We didn't have enough piece around him to even come close to a Heisman run.  Even though he rightly felt slighted, this worked out best for him in the end.

I’m very happy for Joe, as the Burrow family is full of former Huskers. It also looks like he will start his NFL career at Cincinnati, playing for another former Husker in Zac Taylor.

It’s just annoying that he’s going to use this “slight” from Nebraska and tell anyone who will listen to him, especially when a good portion of the fan base thinks he would have done the exact same player for NU that he’s been for LSU this year.