Burrow let us discuss

KazLong

Blitz:

Can you read?

The former staff was so, so bad that they couldn’t recognize the obvious talent of a future Heisman winner. And he was Mr. Ohio Football to boot.

Wild mismanagement and pure stupidity under the former regime.

Nebraska has a long, long way to go. At least 10 years.

Now do you get it? 

Or, in your opinion, am I trolling you?

7 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Blitz:

Can you read?

The former staff was so, so bad that they couldn’t recognize the obvious talent of a future Heisman winner. And he was Mr. Ohio Football to boot.

Now do you get it? 

Which former regime are you referencing?  As much as I can’t stand Mike Riley and am quick to pile on his failures at NU, Joe Burrow not being recruited to NU was 100% the fault of Bo Pelini and Tim Beck. Beck liked a project QB out of Texas who never sniffed college football over Burrow. Riley made a late play for Burrow after he got the job, but it was too late and Burrow was committed to Ohio State.  

On 12/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, lo country said:

I still think the biggest improvement was Joe Brady.  He did a phenomenal job.  It helps to have another year in the system (IIRC Coach O built the system in 2019 around Burrow), a great OL/receivers/RB and healthy.  BUT that in no way diminishes an almost 80% completion rate, close to 5000 yards passing etc....Dude can flat out play.  

Like you said, I do not think anyone who worked with Burrow prior to Coach O and Brady saw what they did.  

And there was a reason AM 1.0 got the pre-season hype....

Yep, Joe Brady who learned under Sean Payton, him and Kyle Shanahan are the best playcallers in the NFL IMO.

• Fire 1

The revisionist history, by people on message boards and in the media, is out of hand. To top it off, I heard Herbie tonight say Burrow was only a two star recruit. He was the #8 dual threat qb in the class and a 4 star recruit. I am happy for him, but some of this is over the top. 

That is all finished now...Mr Burrow, take time to celebrate because we need you back in southern Ohio ASAP. #WhoDey

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Blitz:

Can you read?

Now do you get it? 

It's on Frost more than it's on Riley.  It's on Bo more than either one of them though.

Huge missed opportunity not recruiting him out of high school. Really no excuse for that. I understand how bad Frost's quote looks now. There's no getting around that, but context is important. We had two 4 stars who spent all spring learning the offense and Burrow was transferring out of OSU after 3 years and failing to win the job at the end of spring.

I'm happy for Burrow, his talent was highlighted with an amazing supporting cast. Something we could not have offered him this year.

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, theknife said:

Huge missed opportunity not recruiting him out of high school. Really no excuse for that. I understand how bad Frost's quote looks now. There's no getting around that, but context is important. We had two 4 stars who spent all spring learning the offense and Burrow was transferring out of OSU after 3 years and failing to win the job at the end of spring.

I'm happy for Burrow, his talent was highlighted with an amazing supporting cast. Something we could not have offered him this year.

And coaching staff. Burrow did not look this good with similar talent a year ago. Joe Brady comes in and Burrow looks like the second coming of Peyton Manning. I mean his Heisman odds were 200-1 for a reason. No one saw this season coming from him except folks in Baton Rouge 

• Plus1 1

We would all be rich if we could look into the future.  Burrow landed in the right place at the right time, period.  I have serious doubts that he would have had this perfect storm of a season on any other roster.  As a college football fan, we should all sit back and enjoy the show because it is really rare that a player/team/staff comes together the way LSU did this year.  I'm really glad that, as a fan of college football, I was able to see this happen without being mad at something.  What a year- congrats Joe.  

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Blitz:

The failure to recruit a future Heisman winner - whose Dad played for Nebraska - just highlights how low Nebraska has sunk and how far it has to go. UNL would lose by 60 points to LSU.

And there’s nothing more intellectually cowardly than to call for censorship on this board. 

As it's been pointed out numerous times, it's a Catch-22, as if he comes to Nebraska, he doesn't win the Heisman. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Personally, the huskers winning 5-6 more games a year and playing in bowls would make me seriously ill. I would be pining for NC every year, and doing damage to my heart with high blood pressure.

I also could not afford the high ticket cost for the big championship, NC simi's and NC game

we are 1960's era K st. Hopefully Frost is our Jim Snyder.