Burrow let us discuss

KazLong

13 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Blitz:

Can you read our board rules?

Fixed it for you. :cop:

Comments like "can you read" do nothing to advance or help the discussion. Time to tone it down.

The truth of the matter is that Burrow was a highly touted QB recruit, but it is wildly unfair to speculate what that would've meant if he had ended up at Nebraska. Maybe he succeeds, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he transfers out after Riley is fired. Maybe Frost recruits him to Nebraska and we win 7 games instead of 5 last year. There are/were far too many variables at play to speculate fairly.

Personally, all we can say with absolute certainty is that he has made the right life choices up to this point as far as football is concerned. Absolutely sensational college QB, Heisman winner, and a first round draft pick. I think it's something to admire and be proud of for the kid.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

We would all be rich if we could look into the future.  Burrow landed in the right place at the right time, period.  I have serious doubts that he would have had this perfect storm of a season on any other roster.  As a college football fan, we should all sit back and enjoy the show because it is really rare that a player/team/staff comes together the way LSU did this year.  I'm really glad that, as a fan of college football, I was able to see this happen without being mad at something.  What a year- congrats Joe.  

I suspect he would have done just fine at OSU if he stayed and Haskins left. LSU doesn't win a title without him and he would have been better than Fields this year. He also would have been very good as a starter at OSU last year. 

1 hour ago, jaws said:

I suspect he would have done just fine at OSU if he stayed and Haskins left. LSU doesn't win a title without him and he would have been better than Fields this year. He also would have been very good as a starter at OSU last year. 

He wasn't that great last year at LSU what makes you think he would have been close to Haskins? Or I guess what is your definition of very good? Maybe he would have been better than Fields, but he made a very significant jump. It's hard to say if he would have made that same jump at OSU.

Watching Burrow this year was a thing of beauty. The clip of him smoking the cigar after the win last night is almost a Time magazine moment in history type material. Glad to see him and LSU take all the awards and headlines this year instead of puking over the Bama hype again and again. Proud of Burrow, happy for him. He will always have a connection to the program and as time goes on, I'm sure what will play out is Nebraska fans will remember him and support him every bit as much as LSU ones will.  He's a young spurned man at this time but as time passes, his family ties to the program plus us all living ever so slightly vicariously through his season this year will lead to a lifetime of legend in the Cornhusker state. It's kind of like watching your kid grow up. You want them to love the things you love but most of all you are happy to watch them be successful. Perfect storm of events landed the kid in the perfect spot and he was up for seizing it. That almost never happens. Hats off to Joe, I hope the future treats him just as well. 

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

He wasn't that great last year at LSU what makes you think he would have been close to Haskins? Or I guess what is your definition of very good? Maybe he would have been better than Fields, but he made a very significant jump. It's hard to say if he would have made that same jump at OSU.

Seeing how Burrow was the #2 behind Barrett before Burrow breaks his hand makes you wonder. 

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football/joe-burrow-heisman-trophy-lsu-ohio-state-broken-hand-buckeyes-football/

Day has coached two QBs that ended up Heisman finalist, we will see what Fields does in season 2 in Columbus. Maybe Burrow doesn't set the NCAA touchdown record this year if he stayed OSU, but I have little doubt he wouldn't have been great at OSU. Haskins accounted for 54 touchdowns last year and Fields had 51 touchdowns. I think he could have matched that or exceeded Haskins or Fields in Day's offense, but maybe he doesn't get to 65.

58 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I think Burrow would've done well at OSU but I don't think the impact Joe Brady has had can be said enough

I will reserve judgement on Brady if he can turn the next LSU QB into a Heisman caliber QB. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, jaws said:

Seeing how Burrow was the #2 behind Barrett before Burrow breaks his hand makes you wonder. 

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football/joe-burrow-heisman-trophy-lsu-ohio-state-broken-hand-buckeyes-football/

Day has coached two QBs that ended up Heisman finalist, we will see what Fields does in season 2 in Columbus. Maybe Burrow doesn't set the NCAA touchdown record this year if he stayed OSU, but I have little doubt he wouldn't have been great at OSU. Haskins accounted for 54 touchdowns last year and Fields had 51 touchdowns. I think he could have matched that or exceeded Haskins or Fields in Day's offense, but maybe he doesn't get to 65.

I will reserve judgement on Brady if he can turn the next LSU QB into a Heisman caliber QB. 

Yea we will see.  Could be a coincidence but 2 of Brees' best seasons happened while Brady was there.

3 hours ago, Bigred_inSD said:

The Nate Gerry tweet thread on this very topic is fun

It is.  I realize Gerry being recruited by blo and his circus clown beck yields some loyalty.  However, I’m struggling how any sane person with common sense doesn’t put the burrow situation squarely on bo and beck.  Hell there were people on that thread thought Lamar Jackson committed to them, yep that’s why they recruited dillman, a jv squad te, as their qb recruit passing on both Jackson and burrow.  Funny thing is, they are both such clowns, that story might be right.