Wisconsin Week Pressers

Mavric

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it will depend on how the WR and TE recruiting/development goes in the offseason, and how well Hickman can add size without losing his speed and quickness.

Lets all hope he turns into the next Travis Kelce (6'5"/260lbs) or Rob Gronkowski (6'6"/265lbs).  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Might have something to do with the kind of offense Wisconsin runs and the fact that our current DL is going to get the crap kicked out of them so they will need to implement some kind of rotation

Yeah, Wisconsin and Iowa are where we need dline depth the most. Also helps that both guys have had longer to learn the defense now - Green in particular came late to fall camp I believe. We definitely get more length with those guys on the field.

36 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Might have something to do with the kind of offense Wisconsin runs and the fact that our current DL is going to get the crap kicked out of them so they will need to implement some kind of rotation

Feels like we need to go Stille/Davis, Daniels, Green, Davis to stop the run this weekend. Obviously that's an entire scheme change, but with the way our linebackers fail to fill run lanes we need to figure something out.

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Feels like we need to go Stille/Davis, Daniels, Green, Davis to stop the run this weekend. Obviously that's an entire scheme change, but with the way our linebackers fail to fill run lanes we need to figure something out.

I think you're right. We have to sell out to stop the run. I think our secondary is good enough that they can cover Wisconsins receivers, but they can't have any run responsibility this week, because if they have to worry about the run then the play action will crush us. But until we get a lot better at the LB and D-Line position Wisconsin won't have to worry about throwing the ball much against us

• Plus1 1