Wisconsin Week Pressers

Mavric

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

That's a lot of interesting info. A lot of people had been talking about it, but i don't recall the coaches specifically mentor Farniok to guard, glad that is indeed the plan. And nice to hear about Henrich - again we assumed if healthy he should be good enough to play, but nice to know that's the case. 

I still think if he doesn’t blow out his knee Gaylord would have been the RT this year and Farniok at RG.

• Plus1 1

Just now, WVhuskerXX said:

I still think if he doesn’t blow out his knee Gaylord would have been the RT this year and Farniok at RG.

I didn't get the sense he had overtaken Farniok, but he certainly would've been given every opportunity. And even if he was about the same as Farniok, I haven't been terribly impressed with Hixson and Wilson so it could've made the line better by upgrading Guard instead of Tackle. 

4 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I didn't get the sense he had overtaken Farniok, but he certainly would've been given every opportunity. And even if he was about the same as Farniok, I haven't been terribly impressed with Hixson and Wilson so it could've made the line better by upgrading Guard instead of Tackle. 

Which....could have been moving Farniok inside and using Gaylord outside. 

Maybe that’s what you meant. 

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Which....could have been moving Farniok inside and using Gaylord outside. 

Maybe that’s what you meant. 

That is exactly what was going to happen until Gaylord got hurt.  They even had Benhart running with the 1s at RT during early fall but decided to save his RS because the coaches thought we would be okay.  

8 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah that's what I meant, just kind of butchered the thought typing it out. I'm good with a Jaimes - Hixson/Piper - Jurgens - Farniok - Benhart line next year.

I would swap Wilson to the left & throw in Farniok at the right side. Would probably help in some situations to mentor Benhart & make sure he’s doing everything right. Farniok knows what to do he’s just not a RT.