Wan'Dale Robinson Injured - may not play against Wisconsin

knapplc

10 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

This was exactly my thought.  Wisconsin is so much tougher and I've seen our guys stand around watching their teammates get pounded rather than block someone.  Stay safe Wandale and sit this one out.

I agree but how absolutely pathetic have we become.  :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I agree but how absolutely pathetic have we become.  :facepalm:

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a player make a half a$$ attempt at a block or worse turn a blind eye to a defender, proceed to jog downfield and then our QB or RB gets splattered.  It's one thing to give low effort (which will happen often Saturday) but when it directly leads to someone getting pounded that's definitely not playing for your brothers.  Wandale, stay safe.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I think this is good news. If Wan'dale wasn't hurt and played in this game, he would likely get hurt before it was over. I mean really, do we want to be running him between the tackles against Wisconsin? No, no we don't. Glad that he may survive the impending curb stomping.

So you're glad that Wandale is hurt, becuase if he were healthy...he might get hurt?

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

That my friend is piss poor 4 game management then. Here we are in a situation where he could actually gain some good experience out of necessity but we cant use him because we had him run down on a kickoff or something stupid.

Eh, maybe.  I'm not going to argue that the couple snaps he's been getting really justify burning a game. 

But they were also talking up how much he was going to play quite a bit before the Indiana game and then he barely played.  So it's obvious that he's really not getting everything done as much as he needs to to earn the playing time.

If they couldn't find ways to get him out there against Indiana and Purdue, I can't imagine they'd really be wanting to run him out there against Wisconsin.

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Why does Mills go on a milk carton everygame? Why the hell aren't we using him more to pound the rock? He looked good the last few games before he went missing everytime. Is he in Bo's doghouse too?

I think it's pretty obvious that he just doesn't flow in this offense very well.  He had one long run against Northern Illinois.  Other than that, he's averaging under 3.8 ypc.  And a lot of that was out of the I against Ohio State.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I think it's pretty obvious that he just doesn't flow in this offense very well.  He had one long run against Northern Illinois.  Other than that, he's averaging under 3.8 ypc.  And a lot of that was out of the I against Ohio State.

Meh, I disagree. With Mills and Robinson in at the same time it opens up quite a few options. It'd be nice if we could get Robinson back to more of the Duck R position and less of a between the tackles running back.

2 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

So you're glad that Wandale is hurt, becuase if he were healthy...he might get hurt?

Don't be dense, you know that isn't what I said. To clarify, if needed, since he is not 100% healthy I am glad they may not play him against Wiscy. He's basically the only offensive player that has done anything this season and I'd hate for him to get hurt worse in what looks to be a futile effort against Wiscy.

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I think this is good news. If Wan'dale wasn't hurt and played in this game, he would likely get hurt before it was over. I mean really, do we want to be running him between the tackles against Wisconsin? No, no we don't. Glad that he may survive the impending curb stomping.

I totally agree. Honestly, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they held him out the rest of the year. The kid has proven to be tough as nails but at his size has taken more than enough big hits for a freshman so far this season.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Don't be dense, you know that isn't what I said. To clarify, if needed, since he is not 100% healthy I am glad they may not play him against Wiscy. He's basically the only offensive player that has done anything this season and I'd hate for him to get hurt worse in what looks to be a futile effort against Wiscy.

So you’re making an assumption that his current injury isn’t that serious...and a bigger assumption that he’d probably get injured if he played this week. 

I think it’s unfortunate that he’s hurt and can’t play this week. I guess im just not a big picture thinker. 

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

I agree with this. However, he was good in the I-formation and Flexbone. You could tell he was much more comfortable, and he looked good running. We haven't seen either formation since Ohio St. Will we see it Saturday? 

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think Rahmir has used up his four games so he's probably done for the year.  Maybe he has one game left but I think he's out.

There has to be one snap left somewhere......

Sadly, with no Mo, Mills MIA and Wan'dale hurt, throw him to the wolves.  At least he can say he burned his RS in a few extra games vs 4 snaps.....

Surprised Wan'dale lasted this long.......Dude has been hung out to dry more times than my laundry...

• Fire 1